• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cease Fire option

mk0

Powder Monkey
I would like to see a "Cease fire" option for the ships of my fleet. Very useful, when you encounter an enemy, who will just run away, as soon as the battle starts. To avoid wasting ammunition, this would be a good help.

Edit: Oh and this can also be useful, when you enter the battle, the enemy is in front of you and your ships keep firing at them with their front cannons and ruining your sails, while you are trying to hunt down the enemy.

Edit: A "Fire at will" option should be part of this as well of course. :)

The "Fire at will" is in CIC (GOF 1.1.x), it is named "All fleet load at will" and tied to the key "9".

A "Cease fire" command is in my to-do list for CIC from the very start (check the original CIC release thread). I'm still not sure how to implement it and I'm still wondering about a "more graphical" version of CIC.

Cheers.
buho (A).

The "Fire at will" is in CIC (GOF 1.1.x), it is named "All fleet load at will" and tied to the key "9".

The "Fire at will" I meant was about to undo the "Cease fire" command. :)

A "Cease fire" command is in my to-do list for CIC from the very start (check the original CIC release thread). I'm still not sure how to implement it and I'm still wondering about a "more graphical" version of CIC.

Hm, maybe set the cannon range of that ship to zero or secretly unmount the cannons of that ship if possible? Or introduce dummy cannons to the game with zero range and replace the current cannons with the dummy ones.

If we can manage to add a "Cease fire" any fire command will undo it.

Your ideas for the command are good ones, but actually I'm more headed to cheat the control of powder (the existence of powder is checked in every shot, may be it is easy to cheat there).

But I need to decide if I try to add it as an upgrade to the actual CIC version or I wait till that not-so-sure new version. I'm not much happy kidnapping key after key for CIC and the "graphic version" is not going to use keys but clickable command menues (or toolbars if I can get my eyes on the engine sources and they hackeable - unlikely).

Cheers.

Back