• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Centurion

All these PotBS ships entering AoP2 and PotC make me all giddy! :D
Great fun being able to sail them in peace without having to worry about PvP zones and griefers, and being able to sail and fight with them in a more realistic fashion. :)

They're beautiful models indeed, and we're very grateful to the modellers for letting us use them. :dance

This particular one has been unreleased for too long though, all because it's lacking a walk file.
I really want to see the Centurion in our next Build release... so I might have to make the walk file... despite my best efforts to educate others. :whipa

You'll be pleased to hear that I've finally bothered to make a walk/sailorspoints file for this ship... since no-one else did. :p
One slightly weird effect I noticed (in a quick test) was that the crew only seem to like reloading the port guns, but that might be a one-off issue that doesn't occur again.

I'm particularly keen to hear from a CoAS player if the sailorspoints file works properly.
In the editor, it started to stutter occasionally when I tested the file with some crew walking around, but I'm not sure if that implies it will cause issues in the actual game.

Attachments

• Centurion_walk.c
    11.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Centurion1.ini
    3 KB · Views: 220
Brilliant! Do you have all the PotC Centurion files somewhere so that I can see about setting her up in my game?

Almost ready. The path model needs to be fixed, because you can walk right up to the sides of the ship and see through them.
And the cannons need to be moved down a touch, as some of them are floating above the deck slightly.

OK, I think I've fixed the path model and cannons now. You can now climb the ladders on deck properly, and can't walk through the sides of the hull.
I also had to fix the lateen gaff, which hadn't been inverted to compensate for the geometry locator turning it inside out. It now correctly remains set in the Battle Sails state, as well.

As a small bonus: I realised that none of the Battle Interface ship images looked suitable enough for the Centurion, based on the rigging and hull shape, so I modified the image used by the Lineships and Wicked Wench (which was inaccurate for them as well). The result now loosely resembles the Centurion, and still works for the other ships that use it. See how it looks in the bottom left of this screenshot:
Centurion1.png
The texture (RESOURCE\Textures\BATTLE_INTERFACE\ships_2.tga) is included in the package, along with the ship's only unique texture, DECOR.tga.
Plus the walk file for completeness. Download here: HMS_Centurion_POTC.7z
The stats are handled in the Ships_init.c version I uploaded in the 'Files for next release' thread.

Huzzah!:dance Sorry about the path file and cannons being messed up, that was my bad.:facepalm Glad to see her finally finished up!

Armada, is the Centurion able to fire her cannons in the game for you? I can't seem to convince her to do so.

Edit: Just checked with the GM Viewer, but my copy of her doesn't have ANY cannon locators?

Oops. Forgot to add the locators to the modified cannons. :oops:
Try this file:

Attachments

• HMS_Centurion_cannons.7z
    276.1 KB · Views: 179
I thought MK was using the ship in his Eras mods, but other than that, I guess there hasn't been a standard CoAS release.
I'd need someone to write the CoAS Ships_init.c entry for the ship, mind.

Is there a better Sailorpoits-file available by now? The last one, posted here, just causes trouble in game :/

I haven't touched that sailorspoints file since I posted it here. I never did work out why it caused problems. :facepalm

There are some bad coordinates inside and the file from Eras works, but shows lowmen climbing between the shrouts. The link for the converter-tool is dead, so I couldn't try anything myself...

Tried it myself, still causes trouble, which leads me to the conclusion, that the walk-file itself already contains bad coordinates/vectors...

Back