• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Change default settings?

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
So every time I install a new update the default config settings are changed. Fine by me. but why do we have these settings?

So every time I install a new update the default config settings are changed. Fine by me. but why do we have these settings?
Are you referring to InternalSettings.h, BuildSettings.h or the "options" file?
"options" shouldn't get overwritten. And InternalSettings.h is simply because we make changes to it and therefore HAVE to include it into the modpack.
I do want to make another archive when Beta 4 is ready for public release though, so we don't have to keep overwriting the same files with each update again.

talking about engine.ini
the resolution etc

talking about engine.ini
the resolution etc
That was actually because of this line that needed updating:
Code:
startFontIniFile = resource\ini\fonts_euro.ini
It IS annoying; to me as well. Another reason why I want to make another archive; so I DON'T have to do that anymore.

No, you answered the question. The European fonts are better than the American fonts.

No, you answered the question. The European fonts are better than the American fonts.
It is actually just to prevent a system.log entry. Maybe I could skip it altogether until the public Beta 4 release.
We never had it like that until Beta 3.5 anyway and I don't think it made much of any difference.

hmmm I could write a program to check your native resolution and put it in the config file. but probably thats to much of a hassle anyways.
I don't mind it that much, I was just wondering why the default is still on 800x600 fullscreen while nobody uses that anymore. Can't we up the default resolution a little bit?

Anyone? I cannot think of any better solutions right now, but I'd definitely like to improve this if I can!

If I understand the problem correctly (never certain I'm afraid) that fonts.ini is the one that would be referenced by the engine.ini if you didn't alter engine.ini causing a log entry.

If so then rather than changing the file referenced can't you just keep a copy of fonts.ini to one side and rename a version of fonts_euro.ini to fonts.ini to place as resource/ini/fonts.ini - until you need to re-do the archive? The only other reference to it I can see is in resource/ini/texts/language which would also need the temporary tweak to fonts.ini
- or is it called elsewhere too?

hmmm I could write a program to check your native resolution and put it in the config file. but probably thats to much of a hassle anyways.
Indeed not worth it. :no

I was just wondering why the default is still on 800x600 fullscreen while nobody uses that anymore. Can't we up the default resolution a little bit?
Because it's the stock game default?

If I understand the problem correctly (never certain I'm afraid) that fonts.ini is the one that would be referenced by the engine.ini if you didn't alter engine.ini causing a log entry.

If so then rather than changing the file referenced can't you just keep a copy of fonts.ini to one side and rename a version of fonts_euro.ini to fonts.ini to place as resource/ini/fonts.ini - until you need to re-do the archive? The only other reference to it I can see is in resource/ini/texts/language which would also need the temporary tweak to fonts.ini
- or is it called elsewhere too?
I think I can just leave it and you may get a system.log entry about it, but no actual harm done. :shrug

Back