• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Change Grand Turk town model

Jack Rackham

ex train dispatcher
Quest Writer
Storm Modder
I've got this list of quests on/in Turks from @Talisman:

Sidequest:
Help the Turks Island Settlement

Main Story quests:
Bartolomeu o Portuguese
Assassin Quest

Legend of Jack Sparrow - Brock - Brinkley Story
Legend of Jack Sparrow - Brotherhood-Mings Story
Legend of Jack Sparrow - Curse of the Black Pearl

Jack Sparrow Sidequests:
Sao Feng's Missing Bodyguards
Lucas the Admirals Son & Justine Le Moigne
Villanueva - Help Two Pirates

and have tested the green ones so far. If anyone does some testing on Turks please let me know
so I can update this checklist.

Attachments

• POTEHO town.jpg
    POTEHO town.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 243
Last edited:
This will be a fairly big and time-consuming project with the chance of temporarily breaking some quest stuff.
Anyone who has any comments on this before the work gets underway, now is the time to say what you have on your mind!

Since Turks consists of boring stock game location copies, this should make it much more unique and unlock further quest potential too.
So as far as I'm concerned, this should be interesting. :cheeky

Sounds good to me seeing I'm always annoyed by grand turks because a lot of people might miss the second part of it by not finding the right door

Pieter I'm working on the exchange of Grand Turk. Should I wait for quest moved here and there or is it time to try to move all
quest references to the new (single) town location using the latest installer + zip?

I also wouldn't object to someone else doing at least part of that because I am not quite familiar anymore with the sidequests due to lack of time to play the game properly.
I see, I havn't ever taken the time to play them either. I'll pause the Grand Turk thing for a while. There's so much else to do
anyway.

I see, I havn't ever taken the time to play them either. I'll pause the Grand Turk thing for a while. There's so much else to do
anyway.
Did you put the location in already? I wonder if some people can work together to get these quests split and moved. That'd be really quite nice.
And then you would only need to change most sidequests in one spot instead of several.

what is the status on this?

I prepared it a long time ago. There seems to be so much action there so I have hesitated to
switch to it. Not sure how I can get all locators right without playing all stories.

Also I get into so many other things besides the GoldBug which I really want to finish this summer.

Maybe if someone else would like to try getting all things right I can upload what I have got.

At some point, all storied need to played through again for a final Build 14 release anyway.
Some incompatibility with quests is to be expected, but we can fix that as it is reported.

The main question is to what extent it is worth the effort though.
If you already did a lot of work, it would be a shame for that to go to waste.
Plus the longer modding continues without work being added, the more incompatible it becomes.
That is always a recipe for trouble.

Yes, maybe I can do it by only searching the files and reading the walktrouhgs. It has to wait
a little though.

Searching the PROGRAM foldetr for "Turks" might help. But I don't know how many results you'll find with that one. Might be a bit much....

Anyway, only the outside locations will be changed, right? Since all the parts taking place in the inside locations won't change, this reduces the amount of work.

Yes, inside locations are the same I have only added new backgrounds to them.
And some quest features for future use.

One problem to 'translate' is that Turks today consists of 2 town locations.

One problem I can see is that this town is directly adjacent to the water. The current Turks Island has an open port area cloned from the one at Nevis Pirate Settlement, with the town itself entirely inland. This has to stay because the "Assassin" storyline has a modified version of "Hard Labours of an Assassin" in which Pepin Bertillon is at Turks Island instead of Nevis and he appears in this open port area.

That Nevis Pirate Settlement port is quite a popular model that was reused in several spots.
I wouldn't mind that being a more unique location by replacing some of its current uses with better alternatives.

This has to stay because the "Assassin" storyline has a modified version of "Hard Labours of an Assassin" in which Pepin Bertillon is at Turks Island instead of Nevis and he appears in this open port area.
Surely the locators used can be modified so he'd be somewhere in the new town version?

In the version I have made there will be only one location: a new town which is also the port.
And that's what I mean - I have to move some quest actions.

Back