• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Change Grand Turk town model

Moved a bunch of recent posts to the public forum here instead.

This is now officially WIP! :dance

Now the big question is: Do we want to take the risk to add this into the mod now, before the Beta 4 release?
There will be stuff not right with the quests anyway and they'll all need checking some time.
Might as well cover this too at the same time? Maybe? Perhaps....?
^ Just repeating my question, in case some people hadn't noticed....

Now the big question is: Do we want to take the risk to add this into the mod now, before the Beta 4 release?

It depends on how soon you are going to publicly release Beta 4. If it causes major problems - e.g. crashes then it is better left till beta 5.

However if it only causes minor problems that can be easily fixed, and does not cause players to have to keep restarting their game then it might be worth putting in Beta 4, so that with more people playing with it the bugs are found and fixed quicker.

:cheers

It depends on how soon you are going to publicly release Beta 4. If it causes major problems - e.g. crashes then it is better left till beta 5.
As much as I had wanted to do it in the Summer, I'm looking at Christmas now. Delays, delays, delays. :facepalm

However if it only causes minor problems that can be easily fixed, and does not cause players to have to keep restarting their game then it might be worth putting in Beta 4, so that with more people playing with it the bugs are found and fixed quicker.
I can put it in the next internal one and then at least we'll find out how stable/not stable it is.
Indeed small issues in quest files can be easily fixed as they are found.

Testing Grand Turks? That will have everyone playing at/with pirates! I just recently started going there as before there was no reason to unless one went full pirate first.

Testing Grand Turks? That will have everyone playing at/with pirates! I just recently started going there as before there was no reason to unless one went full pirate first.
That's actually good. Playing as a pirate should now actually be somewhat worth the trouble in the recent versions! :woot

I can put it in the next internal one and then at least we'll find out how stable/not stable it is.
Indeed small issues in quest files can be easily fixed as they are found.

:yes

Yes - that sounds a good idea - then if too many serious problems are found it can easily be taken out again before public release. :onya

:drunk

Yes - that sounds a good idea - then if too many serious problems are found it can easily be taken out again before public release. :onya
I'll add it tonight. I have to make a new update anyway because of the savegame incompatibility and Maximum Number of Locations error in Woodes Rogers.

The town is all from POTEHO. I only added a townwall + gate from the jungle side and some church
music. Also 2 new but locked rooms for later purpose. One leading to the roof tour, the other one in the Fort
(where they keep the explosives).

The jungle gate is meant to be blown away with explosives from the jungle side later.
The 'choir boys' are old bad guys from WoodesRogers and will eventually be activated as enemies in the quest.

If anyone does some testing on Turks please let me know
so I can update this checklist.
Are you able to edit your own posts? You might want to have that listed in the opening one, otherwise it might get lost in the sea of other forum posts. :facepalm

Yes I can edit and color new lines green.

You might want to have that listed in the opening one, otherwise it might get lost in the sea of other forum posts.
Yes, that whould be better.

I ran into a problem that's not related to the new Turks but to the locators in Turks_tavern.

Bartolomeu is teleported to sit4 and Walter Foreman (sit13) starts talking to him. Now sit 4 is in the other side of the room.
I tried with using candles sit6 for pchar and that works. Best would be to use the (empty?) spot opposite to Foreman.
But the question is on what locator is that girl sitting?

Attachments

• Turks_tavern.jpg
    Turks_tavern.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 174
Main Story quests:
Bartolomeu o Portuguese
Did you test the whole Bartolomeu storyline??? That one does actually need testing in full some time.
And it requires some LoM tweaks too that @Bartolomeu o Portugues was going to do.

Yes I can edit and color new lines green.

Yes, that whould be better.
Then if you want, please update the opening post. I could also do it for you, but since you're able to do it yourself, that would be better. ;)

I ran into a problem that's not related to the new Turks but to the locators in Turks_tavern.

Bartolomeu is teleported to sit4 and Walter Foreman (sit13) starts talking to him. Now sit 4 is in the other side of the room.
I tried with using candles sit6 for pchar and that works. Best would be to use the (empty?) spot opposite to Foreman.
@pedrwyth would be the one to ask. Hopefully he'll see this, but if not, perhaps you should send him a PM as well.
He's been doing a lot of work on tavern sit locators over the past few months.

Answer is she isn't !?! Random officer NPC's can be placed without reference to locators - I haven't actually found out where in the code it happens.

For Bartolomeu I would leave him where he is put and change Walter Foreman to candles sit3 (he is placed in Matthew Gilroy dialogue file) which will be opposite - I presume the sit13 was a typo for sit3 anyway - no other reason they should both be hard coded to opposite ends of the tavern

I have moved Foreman to candles sit3 and Bart is still on sit sit4. Tested and OK.

Comes with the next upload.

Last edited:
I have tested what I can about Turks town/port without playing any complete story.
Not sure which quests everything belongs to so I leave some quests black in the opening posts.

Found nothing quest breaking so far, only made a little fine-tuning of officers positions on the pier in Turks.

Thanks for your checking! Looks like it is all Jack Sparrow stuff that still needs checking.
Especially the Mings version of it does make fairly thorough use of Turks, if I recall.

Info: I have jump started at the following sequences in Sparrow:

"Dead_end_Quest_Oxbay_onward"
"Turks_with_KK"
"Norrington_As_A_Pirate"
"Purchase_Interceptor"
"Teague_gives_Piece_of_8"

Back