• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Change Tavern Name

Deoradain

Landlubber
How can I change the name of the tavern in Tortuga? I want to change it to "The Faithful Bride" to fit the PoTC movies.

How can I change the name of the tavern in Tortuga? I want to change it to "The Faithful Bride" to fit the PoTC movies.
You mean the sign outside or just the description somewhere? If so which description?

Hmm I liked that name. Maybe I can change the name for you IF the JackSparrow storyline is on.
Ok?

That's not a bad idea. Tortuga is different for Jack Sparrow anyway because it is actually pirate there.

I think that's just a label in program\locations\init\Hispaniola.c , isn't it?

The name I see to interact with the door and enter is the name I have been seeing. I tried changing the name in the "C:\POTC\PROGRAM\Locations\init\Hispaniola.c" file but it didn't change the name I see when I am about to open the door. I would prefer it changed for the Brave Black Flag story mode, since that is what I have been playing.

My change:
locations[n].id.label = "The Dark Frigate";
changed to:
locations[n].id.label = "The Faithful Bride";

Last edited:
after you changed it you need to do a reinit (f11) probably. maybe even a new game.

Simply reinitiating didn't work. It is, however, showing ''The Faithful Bride'' if I start a new Jack Sparrow story, but not in my current game. I guess it isn't worth starting over to get the name fixed.

New game indeed. Reinitialize wouldn't do the trick.
Though a console command could also be made. We'd need that anyway to set this up for Jack Sparrow in the main mod files.

New game indeed. Reinitialize wouldn't do the trick.
Though a console command could also be made. We'd need that anyway to set this up for Jack Sparrow in the main mod files.
Or do it trough periods?

Replace locations[n] with &locations[FindLocation("Tortuga_port")] and run through console.
Writing from memory here so my spelling may be off. It is something like that anyway.

There are three spots we can add this in the mod:
- Periods.c so it always has the PotC name in Colonial Powers
- Jack Sparrow Storyline.c file so it affects only that one
- Case "piratefun" in quests_common.c so it gets renamed when you officially join the Pirates, which already turns Tortuga actually pirate

Since the custom name is originally @Jack Rackham's addition, I'll leave the decision of which of those three he prefers with him.

Start to sound like much job for little. I'll change it for all cases. The citizen dialog has to be fixed too.
The Dark Frigate is a very nice Pirate novel.
I'll add the changes to my list.

Not much job at all. It's one line of code. Two if you count the dialog. I can do that if you prefer.
Just decide the conditions that you would like.
I do reckon it would make sense for the Jack Sparrow storyline.

Replace locations[n] with &locations[FindLocation("Tortuga_port")] and run through console.
Writing from memory here so my spelling may be off. It is something like that anyway.

So what exactly do I put in the console to get the changed name to appear in my current savegame?

See here for details on how to use the console: Tutorial - Modding Tips & Tricks | PiratesAhoy!
The original line was:
Code:
locations[n].id.label = "The Faithful Bride";
Replacing the section I mentioned would give you:
Code:
&locations[FindLocation("Tortuga_port")].id.label = "The Faithful Bride";
I think that should work. If it doesn't, hopefully @Jack Rackham can correct whatever error is in there as I am away from my game and cannot check right now.

The new name is ok for me and I can do the changes. :onya
Thanks! :cheers

If you are OK with it, perhaps the simplest solution to cover Free Play and Jack Sparrow is to do what @Levis suggests and set that in Periods.c for Colonial Powers only.
Of course by default "Brave Black Flag" is set in the Golden Age of Piracy and therefore wouldn't be affected, but it is easy enough to change the date at game start.
Plus the console command will sort out @Deoradain regardless of how you decide to add it to the mod.

Only point is that the Standard Storyline is also set in Colonial Powers and therefore would also get the PotC name.
Since that one does actually have PotC film influences, I see no problem with that.

Based on the above, I prefer the Periods.c approach over adding it in the StartStoryline.c files for Jack Sparrow and Free Play.
Mainly because that is TWO lines of code as opposed to one, but also I'd prefer your original intention to remain in as many instances as possible.
Affecting ALL possible Free Play characters is perhaps a bit much. :wp

If you don't want to make it period-dependent, I'd suggest adding it to the Jack Sparrow StartStoryline.c file AND the "piratefun" quest case.
That way you could get the renamed tavern in any storyline, but only if you join the pirates.

The Dark Frigate is a very nice Pirate novel.
Tell me more! I might want to read that then. ;)
Actually, as an Easter Egg, it might be nice to have the tavern owner actually tell you about that if you ask about it. :onya

Back