• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Change Tavern Name

Joining the pirates has something to do with the POTC Movie theme?
No, it doesn't. But to make the game world more pirate-friendly when you join them, as soon as you do, Tortuga becomes REALLY a pirate town instead of a French one tolerant of pirates.
So it could be joined with that.

On second thought.... maybe I should remove that altogether.
Now that I rewrote some stuff, Tortuga being French should not adversely affect pirate players anyway.
That makes it just an atmosphere thing. French flag and "La Tortue" or pirate flag and "Tortuga" plus appropriate soldiers?

If not maybe it's enough to change in JackSparrow?
There are a whole bunch of Jack Sparrow film characters available for Free Play as well and it would be nice if they would get the film name.
They should all start in Colonial Powers by default, so that could cover them all in one go together with the Jack Sparrow storyline (and also Nathaniel Hawk).

Okay. If you think Colonial Powers + joining the pirates in quest_common would be the best I'll fix that.
With the dialog Changes.

Okay. If you think Colonial Powers + joining the pirates in quest_common would be the best I'll fix that.
With the dialog Changes.
Just Colonial Powers should be enough. Makes the most sense and is also the least changes.

Who would've guessed that such a simple request should become a 2-page thread? :rofl

Well it's most beacuse my knowledge of the game we are making is very limited.
For ex the unlock fast travel thing took me to places I never visited.

Well it's most beacuse my knowledge of the game we are making is very limited.
There is a LOT to this game. I generally know because I've been involved with just about everything for many years.
But then I never had the chance to actually play much so hardly even know what you've got in your storylines.
All I know is that they're cool and I hope to some day actually be able to enjoy them! :cheeky

For ex the unlock fast travel thing took me to places I never visited.
HA! I can imagine. :cheeky

It's always nice to find out what kind of things are "out there" in our wonderful game world. :wp

Alright, the problem I was having was the console didn't like it starting with the "&" symbol and I actually kept the location name "Tortuga_Tavern". So running this through the console got it to work:
locations[FindLocation("Tortuga_Tavern")].id.label = "The Faithful Bride";
Thanks everyone for your help!

On the matter of having it in the mod I think since it is technically a PoTC game having it show as ''The Faithful Bride'' during colonial powers time period would be nice. It makes sense that in other time periods it would be named differently.

This thread moved to "Build Beta & Brainstorming" forum.
We're awaiting @Jack Rackham's changes for this to include it in the Beta 4 public release.

@Jack Rackham: As this change will probably require a new game to be started and I will enforce a new game today, I wouldn't object to including this tonight if at all possible.
If you don't have time, I can at least put the single line to change the name in Colonial Powers into Periods.c myself.
Any dialog changes can easily be updated "on the fly" later.

I have fixed it (+ muskets on back so far) but will be home late so I'm not sure if you want to wait.

I have fixed it (+ muskets on back so far) but will be home late so I'm not sure if you want to wait.
AWESOME! Just upload it when you get the chance. If it is before midnight (preferrably 23:00) our time, I may still be able to include it.

I've added my own one-line fix in Periods.c now, so this is DONE:
Code:
    case PERIOD_COLONIAL_POWERS:
       locations[FindLocation("Tortuga_Tavern")].id.label = "The Faithful Bride";
     break;

As an added bonus, I added some lines of code so that everybody in the game will not refer to Tortuga as "La Tortue" anymore for Jack Sparrow.
Plus a correction for an odd citizen dialog.

Back