• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Changing cannons features but NOT starting a new game GOF 1.2

Miguel Sanchez

Landlubber
I didn't like the cannons and culverines features (reloading time and damage mainly) in GOF 1.2. So I decided to change them somewhat similar to the vanilla settings. These settings are located in Program/Cannons/Cannons_init.c.

The problem is that the cannon settings are store in each savegame file individually meaning that the only way to load the new settings from file Cannons_init.c is starting a new game. As I have spent a lot of time building my character I don't want to do that. So after a little research I found a solution.

The thing is we need to call two functions related to the cannons.
1) CannonsInit(); -> This reload the new cannon features
2) InitGoods(); -> This reload all the goods features including cannons

Now the issue is where to call these functions. I decided to call them when the BattleInterface.c is loaded. This happens every time we enter the sea.

So, open the file Program/battle_interface/BattleInterface.c

Add these lines after with all the #includes ...:

#include "cannons\cannons.c"
#include "store\initGoods.c"

Then go to the function void InitBattleInterface() and add these lines at the beginning of the function

CannonsInit();
InitGoods();

After that open the game, load a savegame, go to the sea , return to a port and head to the shipyard, you will see that the cannons features were updated with the new values (if you changed them of course). Finally save the game.

Note: Remember, as this settings are store in each savegame individually you will have to do the same procedure if the savegame wasn't created with this already done.

Note2: After you did this procedure and have the desired savegame you can comment the added lines and leave everything as original.

Back