• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Changing colonies nationalities

Status
Not open for further replies.

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
So I have been attempting to import some of the SOFS(POTC) locations in to GOF with slow success. I am figuring more and more out each day as I devote several hours to modding a day these days.

The first step in the process was changing the nationality of some of the existing colonies. For GOF Eras I successfully changed Trinidad and Tobago from English to Dutch and changed Belize from Spain to England to reflect the historical environment of the 1660s Caribbean.

I have run into a rather amusing problem with the Governors and beggars. The guards try to kill them! :D

The poor beggar dies right away and I didn't realize the beggars were segmented by nationality, but the governors live forever because they are invincible. So the guards endlessly respawn to try to kill them.

I'm hoping someone has some advice for me to assist in fixing this. Is this as simple as changing out the Governor models?

Also am I going to break any questlines? Its been forever since I played the Spanish but wasn't there a mission to defend Belize against English attack? With Belize already in English hands I guess you would fail the mission???? I find this silly since the English founded Belize in 1624 and its one of the oldest English colonies and still in the hands of the UK/commonwealth to this very day.

Advice is appreciated.

MK

Here's a video....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back