• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

changing personal sails

UncleJohnny

Landlubber
Awesome Hylie - you're the man!!:D

One quick question.. How come your Constitution in the pics has the nice clean silk sails and mine has the dirty canvas ones?

I searched everywhere on the forum but couldn't find anything on changing the sail texture for a particular ship.

I didn't change the sails for a particular ship. I went into GOF2-->resource-->textures-->ships and copied and renamed various PARUS files. Parus is the sails.

Thanks Hylie,

Actually I just figured out to do it. In the ships_int.c I noticed that the Flying Dutchman has a special line that other ships don't:

refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\sail_Dutchman.tga";

On a hunch, I copied that line and added it to the USS_CONSTITUION entry and changed it to as follows:

refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\parus_silk.tga";

Sure enough, after starting a new game, the Constitution sports nice silk sails, without having to change the parus_common.tga sail file which would affect every single ship that uses its texture.

The only annoying thing is I have to start a new game to get the new sails.... ho humm.

Does CoAS really have no Reinitialize functionality?
That is how that limitation is solved in PotC.

Weeeel... there is a reinit button under the mod options (GOF 2.1.5), but no matter how many times I've clicked it, saved the game, sold and repurchased the ship, left it with the controller, etc., it will not switch to the new sails.

I'm not exactly sure what the reinit button does, though it appears to do nothing with the ships_init.c file.

Other than that button I haven't seen or heard of any other way to reinitialize in COAS.

In PotC at least, a reinit does not affect your current ship and you have to get your ship again.
It is probably the same in CoAS, but I don't know much of that game.

Changing some things like ship locators and textures can be done on the fly, but everything else needs a new game.

Back