• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Changing Ship Stats In-Game

Sh!fty

Powder Monkey
Hi guys!

It's been a few years since I played this mod. I found this dusty old game a few weeks ago and I thought.. Why not! So I installed it on my old laptop, downloaded your newest Build mod and I have to say..

You guys were busy! What a new experience! The ships, the Islands, quests and characters.. Wow!

So I got my favourite ship, the HMS Sophie. Beautiful design! Powerful broadside, good handling and fast!

I remembered in the old build mods that if you changed ship stats in ships.init and you press F11 in-game the stats would update.. But the stats no longer change?

How can I edit ship stats without starting a new game? I'd like to reduce my crew, but don't want to have to start over since I just reached level 26 and I'm having an awesome time raiding the French and Spanish as a privateer in the Royal Navy.

Thanks in advance and keep up the awesome work!

Most editing stuffs requires a new game and I recommend having a new game whenever there is change, for the game and the change(s) to work properly. :type1

Thanks for the quick reply.. That's too bad.. Took me a while to get where I am now..

Oh well! Time to take to seas again as a midshipman.

F11 does still work, but you have to re-give the ship with new stats to you as well.
Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
//   GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
Remove the // in front. Now load your savegame, press F11 to Reinitialize, then press F12 to get the ship with updated stats yourself.
That should work. :doff

It doesn't :(

I removed the // as you said.. Saved the file, started the game, loaded my save, watched my beloved ship, pressed F11, then pressed F12.. But still it doesn't update the stats.

Back