• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Character & Difficulty level for somewhat novice player?

Efficacious

Landlubber
I have installed GOF 2 mod with 1.5 patch. Default character is Peter Blood but it is for expert player (or so it says). There are many difficulty levels from Sailor to Impossible. Confusing..

I have prior experience by completing Pirates of the Caribbean (2003 by Akella). Spend many hours playing that game! :) From the start I just loved the game.

Anyways I would like to start a character which has some plot and/or quests to do and which aren't super hard, but isn't also too easy. Also what difficulty you guys would recommend me?

Anyways I would like to start a character which has some plot and/or quests to do and which aren't super hard, but isn't also too easy. Also what difficulty you guys would recommend me?
As far as I always understood it, Peter Blood is the ONLY character with an unique opening quest.
Other than that, the same sidequests are available to all characters.
So if Peter Blood is not an option for you, then the choice doesn't really matter. :shrug

What about difficulty level? I think maybe Lieutenant? :wp

P.S. Btw does it matter what hero type I choose? How it affects the game?

I haven't the foggiest. I never ever played Age of Pirates 2. :rofl

You'll have to wait for someone else to respond on those. :shrug

I choose one of the other characters and leave the difficulty alone and it plays fine. I tried it on one of the higher settings once and it was extremely difficult.

The hero type does affect the character, and trial and error will show you which type is best for your play style. Also the nationality has an effect on the game. But the most important thing is the PIRATES system.

Start a game and play with those settings. Delete and start with new settings. You will find your comfort zone soon enough.

Back