• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Character Interface Show what increase of decreasing your skill

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Included in my fixes but also extracted from it for @Grey Roger

Attachments

• Chracter Interface.zip
    142.6 KB · Views: 188
itemmod.png

Pieter this is how it looks.

a bug or oversight I spose: a dead albatross (woe and damnation) gives -2 to luck, but it shows up as -1 in the new bonus interface

a bug or oversight I spose: a dead albatross (woe and damnation) gives -2 to luck, but it shows up as -1 in the new bonus interface
it's fixed already now. noticed the bug also. It will be posted in a new update this weekend (I hope)

Gems and idols aren't supposed to display their bonuses. At least, they don't show up in the object description, and I believe that's intentional.

Gems and idols aren't supposed to display their bonuses. At least, they don't show up in the object description, and I believe that's intentional.
these ones do show up in the interface
besides you can still see your skill being higher because of "something".
I believe I coded it in a way that if the thing is hidden it won't show it in this interface too but I will test that.

Pieter this is how it looks.
That is bloody brilliant! :woot

That depends on realism settings. It should check the item's "hidden" attribute.
If I understand @Levis correctly, it already does so this should be fine. You may want to test to be sure though.

That depends on realism settings. It should check the item's "hidden" attribute.
If I understand @Levis correctly, it already does so this should be fine. You may want to test to be sure though.
Checked it again and seems it doesn't. So I will add that in the new update. It's just one line which has to be added.
But then again you could calculate yourself what it does. I believe the hidden attribute is mostly important for shops etc so you don't see this item does it, but once you have it in your posession, unless we also change the character interface so it won't show the bonusses in the skill number itself you can just calculate it.

But then again you could calculate yourself what it does. I believe the hidden attribute is mostly important for shops etc so you don't see this item does it, but once you have it in your posession, unless we also change the character interface so it won't show the bonusses in the skill number itself you can just calculate it.
The idea is that you don't get to know what item does it. So you'll know something affects your skill, but only a trial-and-error investigation would tell you what.
This is for unrealistic/magical items so that it "adds to the mystery". Kind-of. In a way... :wp

The idea is that you don't get to know what item does it. So you'll know something affects your skill, but only a trial-and-error investigation would tell you what.
This is for unrealistic/magical items so that it "adds to the mystery". Kind-of. In a way... :wp
So at the moment the character interface will show an increase in skill if you have this item. I could edit it so it won't show the increase in skill on the numbers also. That way it would be a real mistery, but probably nobody would care to keep those items then?

So at the moment the character interface will show an increase in skill if you have this item. I could edit it so it won't show the increase in skill on the numbers also. That way it would be a real mistery, but probably nobody would care to keep those items then?
It's OK that you see your skill is being affected by something.
As long as, for "hidden" items, the interface doesn't tell you what is affecting it.

Back