• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler Cheats (Build 14)

Grab your thief's knife, go up to a town guard and relieve him of his weapons. The now useless guard will abandon his post and wander around. The game remembers that he's now minus his equipment, so if you sail away and come back again later, he'll still be wandering around. Part of my revenge against the French for the attack on Barbados is to humiliate the entire garrison of Martinique this way. And then sell their swords to the nearest street trader. :)

Grab your thief's knife, go up to a town guard and relieve him of his weapons. The now useless guard will abandon his post and wander around. The game remembers that he's now minus his equipment, so if you sail away and come back again later, he'll still be wandering around. Part of my revenge against the French for the attack on Barbados is to humiliate the entire garrison of Martinique this way. And then sell their swords to the nearest street trader. :)

Whahahaha!! So cruel pirate! Well... they deserved it :walkplank

Hi everyone,

I have a little question about a 'cheat' in the game.

We all known that if you enable the cheats and press the F9 button a French squadron apprears out of nowhere and attacks you. I have completed all quests and gain experiance with killing them a lot of times but the French soldiers will getting bored at some time. Is there a way you can change that and let a Spanish squadron attack you in case of a French?

Maybe it s a strange question but I hope someone knows if this is possible :p

Greetzz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Ahoy, matey!
pirat2.gif

Yeah, I might know that.
pirat3.gif

The code for the land attack cheat (Rapid Raid) is located in seadogs.c in line 1751 onwards:

Code:
            // El Rapido Rapid Raid -->
            case "Rapid_Raid":
                PlaySound("OBJECTS\raid.wav");
                if(Pchar.nation != FRANCE)
                    Rapid_Raid("soldiers", "none", 10, FRANCE, "friend", "enemy","A French infantry unit suddenly appears and attacks you!", "French Musketeer", 8, 4, 120, 360, 9, 9, 0, 80, 4, 20);
                else
                    Rapid_Raid("soldiers", "none", 10, SPAIN, "friend", "enemy","Several Conquistadores attack you!", "Conquistador", 9, 5, 180, 400, 14, 6, 0, 100, 4, 30);
            break;
            // El Rapido Rapid Raid <--

What it does is the following:
If the main character's nation is not France, the french infantry unit will appear and attack.
If the main character's nation ist France, he will be attacked by Spanish Conquistadores (Does that make sense? Maybe the Dutch or the English would be more appropriate?).

That's the current version of the code. It is easily changeable to random encounters or anything you like.

My Rapid_Raid function that is called in the code is located in elrapido.c

If you ask yourself, what all these numbers/parameters mean: They are pretty damn well documented in elrapido.c!
smiley_emoticons_pirate_biggrin.gif

If you have questions, feel free to ask. :onya

Last edited:
If the main character's nation is not France, the french infantry unit will appear and attack.
If the main character's nation ist France, he will be attacked by Spanish Conquistadores (Does that make sense? Maybe the Dutch or the English would be more appropriate?).
You could change the "fixed" nations to something like LotHostileNation(GetServedNation()) which should return a random nation hostile to the player.
To keep everything else matching up, you would probably have to make a switch containing all nations:
Code:
  switch(LotHostileNation(GetServedNation()))
   {
     case ENGLAND:
       // to be completed
     break;
     case FRANCE:
       Rapid_Raid("soldiers", "none", 10, FRANCE, "friend", "enemy","A French infantry unit suddenly appears and attacks you!", "French Musketeer", 8, 4, 120, 360, 9, 9, 0, 80, 4, 20);
     break;
     case HOLLAND:
       // to be completed
     break;
     case PIRATE:
       // to be completed
     break;
     case PORTUGAL:
       // to be completed
     break;
     case SPAIN:
       Rapid_Raid("soldiers", "none", 10, SPAIN, "friend", "enemy","Several Conquistadores attack you!", "Conquistador", 9, 5, 180, 400, 14, 6, 0, 100, 4, 30);
     break;
     case AMERICA:
       // to be completed
     break;
   }
Just in case you'd like to improve on it a bit.

Thanks, I really like to get random encounters when I press the 9 button. How can I change that and in which file, I don't want to mess up the whole game

Must you start a new game again after changing this?

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Have a look through elrapido.c to see what all the values mean.
Replace the lines of code Elrapido posts above with the code that I posted in my previous message.
Then replace all instances of "// to be completed" in there with copies of the existing lines, but adjusted for each nationality.

This could be your first actual mod contribution! :cheers

Hello,

Thank you for putting together this list. I'm having a problem however. Whenever I activate god mode, it seems that my sails still take damage; from storms notably.
Is there a way to avoid this? In AoP2:CoAS, I used this code to repair my ship with the push of a button :

Code:
ref mc = GetMainCharacter();
ProcessHullRepair(mc, 100.0);
ProcessSailRepair(mc, 100.0);
// I suppose this is for the visible damage.
DeleteAttribute(mc, "ship.blots");
DeleteAttribute(mc, "ship.sails");
DeleteAttribute(mc, "ship.masts");

But this doesn't work in PotC. Is there an alternative?

Thanks to everyone involved in the build mod by the way, it's incredible. The fact that you made this game great in the first place, and still going strong after 11 years is amazing.

I've never found a way to prevent sail damage. However....

Open PROGRAM\console.c and find:
Code:
   switch(0)                 // Case 1 = Various test and cheat codes
   {                     // Case 2 = Location coordinate information
     case 1:                 // Case 3 = Automatic instant cheats in port
                       // Case 4 = Instant teleport to Hendrick Vanderdecken

// Give ship
     // ------------------
     //   GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
Update to:
Code:
   switch(1)                 // Case 1 = Various test and cheat codes
   {                     // Case 2 = Location coordinate information
     case 1:                 // Case 3 = Automatic instant cheats in port
                       // Case 4 = Instant teleport to Hendrick Vanderdecken

// Give ship
     // ------------------
          GiveShip2Character(pchar,pchar.ship.type,pchar.ship.name,-1,PIRATE,true,true);
(Changes on the first and last lines of that code section)
Now when you press F12, your ship will be fully repaired (including sails) and resupplied.

Hey,

Thanks for the quick answer! I'll try it right away.

:cheers

Edit: That does work very well. Thanks again!

Last edited:
This is not really a cheat, but it works as a cheat. You want to be rich without spending too much money?

First, go to the store of an island that export gold and silver in high quantities. Then, go to buy gold and silver, but buy them using "Alt" and "Shift" on the keyboard. You will notice that you can buy, for example, 100 gold with only spending 1500 gold or so. This is due to a bug that was found a week ago by a member of the forums (Don't know his name, sorry), that makes incoherences between the amount of goods you are buying and its cost. When your ship is full of good and silver, go to sell them in stores that import them. The profit is enormous! xD :D

This is not really a cheat, but it works as a cheat. You want to be rich without spending too much money?

First, go to the store of an island that export gold and silver in high quantities. Then, go to buy gold and silver, but buy them using "Alt" and "Shift" on the keyboard. You will notice that you can buy, for example, 100 gold with only spending 1500 gold or so. This is due to a bug that was found a week ago by a member of the forums (Don't know his name, sorry), that makes incoherences between the amount of goods you are buying and its cost. When your ship is full of good and silver, go to sell them in stores that import them. The profit is enormous! xD :D
This is interesting but has this been reported in the Build Mod Bug Tracker already?

Back