• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Chief of the Redskins

Ben Coats

Freebooter
engine 2016-03-05 18-35-21-32.jpg
Wow Really!
I was approached by an Indian Chief and asked to help free his ppl. down near Cumana. I accepted, and you have to do it in a schooner or a sloop, (I had just captured a sloop)
1. sail to the cove by Cumana
2. make sure you have Spanish flag (even tho it doesn't really help cuz you're discovered soon as you arrive)
3. take out the two schooners (all fully loaded with sailors) who will sink the pearl divers if not done quickly (this is where my problem began)
A. cut down the crews with canister then board (which I did with the 1st ship) the auto boarding messed me up I was trying to get close to the 2nd ship to thin out the crew and it auto boarded me.
B. the two part boarding: really? I lost all my crew save for 1 member.
C. the cannon pistol when you're fighting the capts. sometimes after the 1st or 2nd shot it explodes in your hands and you loose it.
D. shore battle 2 Spanish rifle men and bout 10 soldiers. impossible to do with only 51 men.
anyone ever done this one before??? I think I'm going to have to redo it.

just some helpful tips from me. I'm goin to redo the whole mission.....but hope this helps some ppl.

this is CRAZY!!!! I restarted and upped my crew to 67, the schooners knocked me down to 23 crew members and I didn't have much trouble in the boarding actions, cuz I used canister on their ships, when I got to shore it was only 2crew+ me against the 10+ 2riflemen WTH??? this isn't really fair!! unless you got God mode on this is IMPOSSIBLE! made it to where its not fun, I understand its supposed to be challenging but this is freaking INSANITY! no way to do it unless you have 3 boarders 67 men and don't loose a single one during the schooner fighting. IMO while all the new stuff is cool the missions SUCK! there is ALOT of problems with this game.

Looks like your are not strong enough for that quest right now and have to try again another time. It´s the same in CoAS Vanilla version with the Ascold quest for example, you can´t do everything if you are not ready for it.

Before you land get many healing portions also when you fight make sure an enemy stays betwen you and the riflemen so that when they fire you dont get hit

solution №1 (sea)

solution №2

advice: do not use quick save. this can lead to bug. use different slots for saving the game.

Last edited:
It was easy for me. I had three boarding officers that were quite lethal. also i have musket salvo etc so boarding was a piece of cake. They never had a chance to hurt the Indians, less destroy. I had enough crew left to finish the soldiers on shore without too much trouble although the two musket guys were dangerous. Very nice quest and rewards.

Same to me. I really enjoyed this quest. I met the Chief in Willemstad and went back to an earlier save to get well prepared for this. After hiring 40 Soldiers and 3 Boarding Officers for my Lugger, i retuned to Willemstad and the Chief still came to me. At Carupano Cove i first destroyed the spanish Crews with Grapeshot before entering. So none of the Indian boats got sunk and i still had my full crew for landing. At the shore i killed the 2 musketiers myself and let my soldiers and officers do the rest for me. Very comfortable i must say. After fighting i had to hurry up with looting the body from the spanish captain because after some seconds the indians start putting thousends of pearls in your pockets so that your are not able to take more loot afterwards and only your ships chest is big enough to take all pearls. After returning to Saint Pierre, i sold the pearls to the banker during 3 days because he didn´t have enough money to buy them at once. All together i made about 250.000 Pesos with this quest and i´m only at level 10 right now and didn´t even start to work for one of the big companies yet. With this amount of money i´m well prepared for everything now.

I must say that i´m really starting to enjoy this game a lot. Principly it seems to be very similar to AoP2, just the quests and the taktics have changed to more reality. But i like that :)

Back