• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Chips Ahoy!!!

Vassal

Hopeless Pirate Modder
Storm Modder
Chips Ahoy Matey can i ask something, where can i get the moding tools and the Hex Editor :cheers any help will be greatly appreciated :mrgreen:

Ahoy backatcha, Vassal! :p:

I told you to take a look at the "Tools of the Trade" thread in the POTC Modding section and I see that you have. That is where you must start. And if there is something you can't find but you need, ask in the modding section and someone should help you.

Also, any future questions about modding should be in the modding section as that's where the modders generally "hang out". If you post here, you're liable not to get an answer because some of the modders don't bother with the general "tavern" chats in the BP.

A good hex editor is "UltraEdit". Here's a link: http://www.ultraedit.com/

There's a free `45-day` trial download, and the registering of the program is only $35, well worth the $ if you plan to use it a lot... I wouldn't be without it. :cheers

Yeah we dont like punks coming in here and talking about all that modding stuff :cheers

Ill move this over to the mod section :p:

Good call recommending UltraEdit, Cat, I've been using that program for close to 10 years now! I've quite comfortable subscribed to the "lifetime" deal, although I just thought, there's a good chance Ian will die before me, ripped off!

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Ahoy backatcha, Vassal!   :p:  

I told you to take a look at the "Tools of the Trade" thread in the POTC Modding section and I see that you have.  That is where you must start.  And if there is something you can't find but you need, ask in the modding section and someone should help you.

Also, any future questions about modding should be in the modding section as that's where the modders generally "hang out".  If you post here, you're liable not to get an answer because some of the modders don't bother with the general "tavern" chats in the BP.

A good hex editor is "UltraEdit".  Here's a link:  http://www.ultraedit.com/  

There's a free `45-day` trial download, and the registering of the program is only $35, well worth the $ if you plan to use it a lot...  I wouldn't be without it.   :cheers[/quote] Hey if you will not register will the editor won't work? :|and when the 45 day trial download ends tou will have to pay?

@ Vassal - I'm sorry, I don't know what will happen after the 45 days. It used to not expire, but have a nag screen, but it's been so long since I registered it, that I couldn't tell you what the expiration will do - you have to read the website to find out.

<!--`QuoteBegin-sampow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sampow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Good call recommending UltraEdit, Cat, I've been using that program for close to 10 years now!  I've quite comfortable subscribed to the "lifetime" deal, although I just thought, there's a good chance Ian will die before me, ripped off![/quote]

:cheers I know what you mean, Sampow! It's a great program, and wouldn't be without it. I even use it to edit html, when I'm not in the mood to crank open HotDog Pro. It's just such a good utility for writing ANY kind of code.

Well i read about it but i do not understand because its my first time :blah::

The program will run fully functional for the trial period and then once the trial is up, when you run the program it will ask for your registration information to continue, or you have to exit.

Vassal, there are probably some good free hex editors out there, you'll just have to do a search for one. UltraEdit was just a suggestion. xD: :yes

Well about the hex editor i just heard it from Suraknar the Duke xD: ,maybe if you could ask him please :yes if you help me i greatly appreciated :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yah Vassal, when you reg it you pay.

do a search on download.com for hex editor and have a look at what the results are im sure there a few free ones that will be suitable

Back