• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Cinematic Trailers

What locations have been added since Beta 3? I'd like to know for the temporary video I'm doing but I've had a trawl through the forum and can't find a definitive source for this...I know Tortuga,
Oranjestad Port, Havana Center, Santiago and Santo Domingo Towns had refits recently, but I can't find much before that...maybe I'm just useless at searching the forum :modding.

What locations have been added since Beta 3? I'd like to know for the temporary video I'm doing but I've had a trawl through the forum and can't find a definitive source for this...I know Tortuga,
Oranjestad Port, Havana Center, Santiago and Santo Domingo Towns had refits recently, but I can't find much before that...maybe I'm just useless at searching the forum :modding.
Have a look at the "Build Into.txt" file in your main game folder. Search it for "Model and Texture Updates". If I recall, I grouped everything under that header.

It sounds like you covered just about all the new general locations, so I think your forum searching is doing quite well there. :cheeky
The last addition is the brand new Turks Town. That seems to be the only one you missed.

Cartagena is also quite new, but I think that was featured in the Beta 3 trailer already, wasn't it?

Thanks Pieter! That's good to know :) Character-wise, I'm working on the assumption that most of the free play ones are newish? I'll just check out the Build Info...this is the problem, I wasn't around when Beta 3 was released so I'm having to rely on 3rd party resource...

I'll just check out the Build Info...this is the problem, I wasn't around when Beta 3 was released so I'm having to rely on 3rd party resource...
Fair enough. I created that text file specifically so people can still know what new stuff was added even now.
If anything isn't clear in there or you need further details, please let me know. :doff

Thanks, I'll be sure to :cheeky Is it still looking likely to be the end of this month for a public release?

Last question regarding this, I promise; then I'll leave you alone :D

Am I accurate to be including these as examples of refitted/newly added ships since Beta 3? I ask just in case I missed a couple in the Build Info. Bearing in mind the cinematic trailer will feature many, many, MANY more ships than this one anyway; I just want to spotlight the most recent additions.

Golden Hind

Bringantine Castell Friedrichsburg

Superbe

Greyhound and Surprise

Merchant Pinnace

Polacca

Fast Galleon

PO_Fleut50

I'm also tempted to add the Queen Anne into this one, though I know that's been around for a while now so perhaps not...

Actually, it is just:
Brigantine Castell Friedrichsburg
Polacca
Merchant Pinnace
Medium Pinnace
Satanist Fleut retexture
FR_Greyhound, FR_Indefatigable, FR_Surprise, PO_Greyhound, SP_Surprise and SP_Volage (ships were already in the game; these are different paint schemes)

Most of those other ones mentioned are slight model updates and/or improvements to the rigging.

The Queen Anne's Revenge with her flame thrower bow chasers is in one of the previous trailers, I think.
But if you feel like adding her again, don't let me stop you. It doesn't have to be exclusively Beta 4 content, does it?

Really? I was under the (false) impression Superbe and Hind are more recently added? I'll bear that in mind, then! I already have some pretty nice footage of them both, so I can just use them in the cinematic one. Same goes for the others; I may keep Greyhound/Surprise in though as ironically, I'm running low on English ships! A first for everything... :rolleyes:

I don't think I've come across the Medium Pinnace or the Brigantine yet...I'm still using 10th Jan version though so an update is probably needed!

I'll probably save the 'thouroughbread' pirate ships (ie Dutchman, Queen Anne, Cursed versions) for the cinematic trailer, as my aim with temporary one is returning players, who'll already have seen them in the other trailers/in-game anyway.

EDIT: Did you want me to include the Fulton storyline steamer? Or is that older than Beta 4?

Golden Hind is indeed new as well.
Superbe was improved. Both are fair game for inclusion.

Apart from the Castel, all the ships I mentioned have been in the game for months, if not years.
But you may be playing in a time period where they wouldn't appear.
Don't forget: The console is your friend. ;)

The Steam Frigate is several years old already.
Still cool though. :cheeky

I've only been playing again less than a month and before that, none of these ships had even been considered so they're pretty much all new to me! :cheeky

I can't find them in the ships_init so can't initiate with the console :eek: I know the Brigantine was only sorted out very recently so is it possible I need to update my installer?

I'm having three quarters of my screen flicker more and more, completely obscuring the scene. In some cases it manifests itself as a kind of grey mountain (as in my image below). I believe this is a known issue (to do with the flags or something?), but it's starting to make life a bit difficult for capturing footage certain ships, especially the Pinnaces and/or when there are Privateers/Brigs around. Is there an easy fix or is it just one of those stubborn little glitches which won't go away? :/

2222.jpg

What is your camera doing down there? o_O

Some things you can try:
- Remove the file named "options" from your main game folder
- Close the game and reopen it
- Reload the scene

It does it regardless of the camera's position; it's actually worse the higher I go :eek:

Had a go at that and it doesn't seem to be suffering. Though the pirate brigs which were chasing me are obviously gone so it's possible it was one of them and not the Pinnace...thanks Pieter! I'll just have to keep that doing that :)

If you happen to notice specific ships being responsible, let us know.
It would be so great if we could trace this down to just a locator error somewhere.

Normally that only happens when a ship loses a mast. If it is happening when all ships are sound, then there is a new problem.

I honestly can't remember if any of them had lost a mast...it's possible though. The only things I believe were on location were the Merchant Pinnace, Cayman Fort and a pair of what used to be called the Privateer (three-masted brigs)

An update on how the temporary trailer is coming for the Beta 4 release.

Got tonnes of delicious footage shot and have a structure in the editor for how it's going to be. Hopefully be done the end of this coming week, unless it's needed/wanted sooner? In which case that may also be possible.

Back