• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Cinematic Trailers

I just watched it on both MODDB and youtube and it ran perfectly.
To be sure, I am referring to the Build 14 Beta 2 trailer that has been on there for years.
The Beta 4 one I posted yesterday is fine for sure.

Well thanks. I had a good time watching all the trailers just now. They all work fine, but the Beta2 trailer is distorted. It is stretched too wide and has thick black bars at the top and bottom. Was it originally made in 4:3 format? The MODDB version looks much better.

So if it crashed on you it was probably because the screen format is incompatible with your hardware.

They all work fine, but the Beta2 trailer is distorted. It is stretched too wide and has thick black bars at the top and bottom.
The version I downloaded from ModDB was in 720x404 so it shouldn't ever have been in 4:3 format.
The YouTube file got "corrupted" somehow at some point and I don't know for sure how or when (though I do have a suspicion).

Anyway, I have sent a message to YouTube to see if they can rectify it.

I've been talking to YouTube support to see about getting the Beta 2 trailer restored to its former glory.

Got the following two messages:

Thanks for contacting YouTube. I understand the aspect ratio for your video got changed.

YouTube uses 16:9 aspect ratio players. The YouTube player automatically adds black bars to videos in the player so that videos are displayed correctly without cropping or stretching, no matter the size of the video or the player. To fit the player perfectly, encode at these resolutions:

• 2160p: 3840x2160
  • 1440p: 2560x1440
  • 1080p: 1920x1080
  • 720p: 1280x720
  • 480p: 854x480
  • 360p: 640x360
  • 240p: 426x240
You can adjust the fit of your video in the YouTube player using formatting tags. Tags are descriptive keywords you can add to your video to help people find your content. However, you can also add tags to change the appearance and format of your video on YouTube and on embedded players. For more information, please refer to the following Help Center articles:
1. Recommended resolution & aspect ratios - YouTube Help

2. Use formatting tags - YouTube Help
I hope this information is helpful. Please write back if you have any other questions or concerns.

And:

Apologies for the delay in response. I checked with my internal team and unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to replace your video.

As mentioned earlier, to get your video right, you'd need to set it's aspect ratio correctly. You can adjust the fit of your video in the YouTube player using formatting tags. Tags are descriptive keywords you can add to your video to help people find your content. However, you can also add tags to change the appearance and format of your video on YouTube and on embedded players. For more information, please refer to the following Help Center articles:

1. https://support.google.com/ youtube/answer/6375112

2. https://support.google.com/ youtube/answer/146402
Please write back if you have any other questions or concerns.

Does that strike anyone as being something we can make use of?
Though I've posted the occasional video, I am no YouTube expert by any stretch of the imagination....

You need to add one of these tags to the video using the Youtube Video Editor : Use formatting tags - YouTube Help

I would have to play around with it to be sure, but I would suggest trying this one first : yt:crop=16:9

I would have to play around with it to be sure, but I would suggest trying this one first : yt:crop=16:9
I ended up using yt:stretch=16:9 instead. Clicked a "Reset" button I found somewhere
and also removed the annoying "annotation" somebody apparently added at some point in the past.

And as far as I can tell, @Legendary_Spider's original Beta 2 trailer has now been restored to its former glory!
The 1080p option seems to have a hard time loading for me, but the 720p one does look normal once more. :woot

I ended up using yt:stretch=16:9 instead. Clicked a "Reset" button I found somewhere
and also removed the annoying "annotation" somebody apparently added at some point in the past.

And as far as I can tell, @Legendary_Spider's original Beta 2 trailer has now been restored to its former glory!
The 1080p option seems to have a hard time loading for me, but the 720p one does look normal once more. :woot

I remember that. Maybe I'll make another in the future.

Back