• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

City of Abandoned Ships Quest (Spoiler Alert!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND in addition, a question regarding the moneylender on CoAS. I borrowed 50k from that rat and somewere browsing through forums stumbled upon a glitch on this matter. If I remember correctly, it was something about having obligatory to have the neccessary amount of money on your char at all times or something bad will happen.(I don't remember what exactly). I wouldn't ask this if the dialogue with him had the option of returning the money immediately.
So what is the deal with that moneylender?

Randomly when changing the locations after you leave COAS you will be teleported to the Aztec temple where the God of Deads is and you will not be able to leave untill you return your debt x5.
Don't know what happens if you don't have the amount with you:-(

Yes, well, I kind of already experienced that. And I DIDN'T have the amount. All my money was at the moneylender. Was entangled with the Flying Dutchman quest. Basically that Aztec guy just leaves you there with no exits. I did not wait and see what can happen after a bigger period of time.
So, what I did was:
Loaded a previous save at which I knew on next location change I will be teleported to that Aztec temple. (Luckily it was in the same city at which moneylender my money was) I went to the moneylender and as fast as I could, took out my money, BECAUSE the teleportation to the Aztec temple is not instantaneous. Well, at least wasn't in my game. Then as I barely managed to withdraw my money in the last tenth of a second, I was taken to the temple and had my money and could repay my debt. :onya

Hi there
I need help, Can't find way to Tartarus. In my game there is no any connection between Tartarus and any other ship :S I tried to swim but without success. Can anyone help me please. Thanks!

Ok, I went in and cleared the Caspers without taking arno's or her boy's help. Just found a nice spot, had a few herbs and my favourite four barrel... Wasn't that difficult and din't take me a single reload!! though I definately am having a trouble with the Underwater thing!! can someone please post a pic or something of that wretched thing? I have found all chests and stuff, but no equipment!! Also, I noticed that you can simply outrun the crabs and they will stop following you after a while. Don't waste time fighting them!

Help will be appreciated!! Coz Im kinda stuck!!

Ok, I went in and cleared the Caspers without taking arno's or her boy's help. Just found a nice spot, had a few herbs and my favourite four barrel... Wasn't that difficult and din't take me a single reload!! though I definately am having a trouble with the Underwater thing!! can someone please post a pic or something of that wretched thing? I have found all chests and stuff, but no equipment!! Also, I noticed that you can simply outrun the crabs and they will stop following you after a while. Don't waste time fighting them!

Help will be appreciated!! Coz Im kinda stuck!!

No need. But Thanks anyway guys. Though hey, guess what? surprise surprise!! I found the cog exactly where other ppl in here found it. Run around the shipwreck, and in the left corner!! Brilliant!! And oh, don't forget for all gem collectors, there's a bunch worth 100 000 or more in the Moneylander's office. And oh, I found my Normal key on the Velasco!! So its not always in Gabriel! In Gabriel I only found a complex key!

Hi there
I need help, Can't find way to Tartarus. In my game there is no any connection between Tartarus and any other ship :S I tried to swim but without success. Can anyone help me please. Thanks!

If that's a prison ship than just enter store, but don't go down, go out the doors opposite from one you entered the store, and than just walk on the mast across to the Tartarus.

Handel, man u r a lifesaver ! I was going to kill my PC before i read ur manual... i followed every step and was perfect. Thanks a lot u will receive a bottle of rum from me :cheers .

P.S. People u can get all chests and the barrel in one dive but u have to train a lot before that :)
And also u get the fastest ship(i have seen) in the game :)

hello peoples I have a question I am on the part where the barkeeper wants prof and I have to go to that broken ship fernando or something so I go there and I am looking for a letter without sucsess there is a cabin and two chests inside I can open only 1 I have simple and complex keys by the way and there is all so a crack in the ship outside so I swim there and there is a chest but I cant open it too and there is no letter anywhere . So where is it ?

P.S Can any1 answer in the nex too days cyz I play only this game and I have nothing to do cuz I an stuck on this part ? thank you

hello peoples I have a question I am on the part where the barkeeper wants prof and I have to go to that broken ship fernando or something so I go there and I am looking for a letter without sucsess there is a cabin and two chests inside I can open only 1 I have simple and complex keys by the way and there is all so a crack in the ship outside so I swim there and there is a chest but I cant open it too and there is no letter anywhere . So where is it ?

P.S Can any1 answer in the nex too days cyz I play only this game and I have nothing to do cuz I an stuck on this part ? thank you

U need difindur's key or something like that from the beggar to open the chest where the ship is open in the middle. BTW in that chest u can keep money and items that will be save from the admiral.

U need difindur's key or something like that from the beggar to open the chest where the ship is open in the middle. BTW in that chest u can keep money and items that will be save from the admiral.

Yea well you see this key is not in my inventory that is why I am asking oh well its a bug wich only I have OF COURCE well tnx for the quick answer I guss I will start over AGAIN

Yea well you see this key is not in my inventory that is why I am asking oh well its a bug wich only I have OF COURCE well tnx for the quick answer I guss I will start over AGAIN

Are you sure you`ve talked to the bum before embarking on the voyage into the storm thus entering COAS???
Once you get the key there`s no way you lose it just like that :shrug

Are you sure you`ve talked to the bum before embarking on the voyage into the storm thus entering COAS???

well I think not but its not possible to go back cuz I dont have a save befor CoAS city wich bum is it thet I have to talk anyway

well I think not but its not possible to go back cuz I dont have a save befor CoAS city wich bum is it thet I have to talk anyway

I did the quest CoAS only because I needed three skulls Toltecs to cancel the contract with Azzy. :wp
IMHO, is a quest glamorous but also tedious and frustrating.
Particularly, swim final with research of the Diffindur... :eww :eww :eww :8q
Nightmarish situation, with seasickness.
I believe that developers have exaggerated, and have ruined the story with a final absurd, with difficulties nonsensical and random. :whipa
I'm still swimming in the sea ... :eww :modding
Someone suggested to add to those of Handel ( first page) and of Surfmutt (2nd page)??
P.S: very very good remarks of Surfmutt !!! :onya :2up :
"I have a theory on this part of the quest. Basically, my theory is it is a movie and ..."
Great and accurate, I think! :2up

I cant find pedro hurtado. I ask to the ppl in the ships and they tell me he is in the emerald but I cant find him. Where is pedro hurtado?

I have a problem. I killed the narwals before doing the quest where I have to kill them with the help of the militiamen of chad capper. So when I enter the velasco I talk to the guys and they said that we killed them but I cant get out. I already emptied all the crates in there.

I have a problem. I killed the narwals before doing the quest where I have to kill them with the help of the militiamen of chad capper. So when I enter the velasco I talk to the guys and they said that we killed them but I cant get out. I already emptied all the crates in there.
The game has some blind alley, if you take the wrong decisions.
Reload a save before.

The game has some blind alley, if you take the wrong decisions.
Reload a save before.
I dont have more saved games man. I had to start from the beginning :urgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back