• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

City of Abandoned Ships Quest (Spoiler Alert!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got done with the abandoned ships city quest, and I saved my game when I docked in port royal after my escape. But the game crashed as I was saving and made a bad save.

I don't care. I'm not doing it again. I just deleted that character. But is there any way I can get john workman when I start a new game? I know how to cheat to get the other stuff back.

damn, I am still in th diving quest but I dont know what I am looking for. How does that gear looks like?

It looks like a gear. No, really. That's the best way I can describe it. It's round, about a foot across maybe, and has squared off gear teeth around it. It usually spawns around the edges of the diving area, especially where the buttload of crabs hang out.

damn, I am still in th diving quest but I dont know what I am looking for. How does that gear looks like?

It looks like a gear. No, really. That's the best way I can describe it. It's round, about a foot across maybe, and has squared off gear teeth around it. It usually spawns around the edges of the diving area, especially where the buttload of crabs hang out.
what about its color? is it bright green like the keys you found in the ship decks?

what about its color? is it bright green like the keys you found in the ship decks?

It's hard to tell just what color it is underwater, but I'd say it's sort of a dark grey or greyish brown.

Sorry for posting it here, but I don't want to resurrect ancient threads... Just before the COAS quest, at the end of kill the beggars, I go to the diplomat, ask for oliver trust and he tells me to go to Marigot to find him. the problem is he isn't there. I searched all the houses, both day and night....please help

Sorry for posting it here, but I don't want to resurrect ancient threads... Just before the COAS quest, at the end of kill the beggars, I go to the diplomat, ask for oliver trust and he tells me to go to Marigot to find him. the problem is he isn't there. I searched all the houses, both day and night....please help

If I remember from my last game its directly across from the moneylenders, its basically just a room with a desk and fireplace he should be sitting down behind the desk.

The door is locked no matter how long I wait in the tavern. The is also a staircase to the upper floor but it is closed with a fence. I guess this is it for the quest, I may need a new game....

Hey,

This is my second time going to CoAS, last time I did everything fine and got everything BUT this time after just starting Layton Dexter: Have you seen this Pirate, the quest was completed by Chad finding his key almost instantly?! I have no saves to fall back on either.. I was wondering if I had done something that triggered him to find it or if I could still get the key and unlock the chest?

Preeze answerz?

Anyone to pass this quest on win 7 ultimate ? i have a serious crash issue while recruiting 15 crew members for my run away from the COAS game crashes all the time sends me to desktop with engine stopped working error
i tried different computer (with win 7 ultimate also to make sure that i dont have any problems with my hardware result was the same crashed again)

i tried installing it from different dvd (different crack same version 1.3.0 result was the same crashed again)

Anyone to pass this quest on win 7 ultimate ? i have a serious crash issue while recruiting 15 crew members for my run away from the COAS game crashes all the time sends me to desktop with engine stopped working error
i tried different computer (with win 7 ultimate also to make sure that i dont have any problems with my hardware result was the same crashed again)

i tried installing it from different dvd (different crack same version 1.3.0 result was the same crashed again)

I've the same bug. On Win7 the tempest effect causes CTD my PC. I workaround the problem by disable post processing and set safe mode. The crash are still here, but with less frequence and I can save step by step until the final dialog with mecanic and last crazy swimming session. I finished COAS quest, but I would never start with it. It was a nightmare!!

It is really funny to find myself here again after so many months, yet I still can't do the damn quest, even though I started all over again, since September.......

I am near the end of the kill the beggars quest, I need to find the diplomat and ask him about the Oliver Trust, but no diplomat has any such dialog option, and I'm stuck once again..... Anyone knows what is going on?

^^Never mind I figure it out.

But I have one more problem.....During the Spanish questline, during the large battles, many enemy ships have no captain!! I board the ship, win the battle at the deck, and when the cabin loads, there is none in!!!!
I cannot press anything and I get stuck and need to reload!!! Now I am forced to sink the ship (Man of war) with gunfire, with RTB ->ON and 3 more MOW firing at me!!! This is impossible, and there are at least 2-3 such ships in the enemy fleet.... Can it be solved somehow, in some file?

I thought this was only a problem in our GOF mod. I didn't realize the bug was in any of the CMV versions. :shrug Are you playing CMV 3.2?

The problem is in the Nations init file with the Spanish officers. I fixed it for GOF. I will post a fix for you tomorrow.

MK

That is strange...that is a GoF! problem, the changes that caused the problem were only done in GoF! not in previous CM versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back