• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Claire Larrouse Issues

A.H

Privateer
Now that I got the share of the so called gold and accepted her partnership..

As soon as we sailed from Barbados.. she mutinied against my company and when I boarded her.. I couldn't talk/make dialog with her.. even if I attack her, she doesn't get any damage.
40.jpg

On the questbook it still not completed; would there be any more to the quest? Although last thing she said was let's set sail; split the gold money, and that's that.

On the second scenario, before I went to open map I went to her cabin and when I talk all she says is "So?" .. and I reply "Nevermind" ... so I killed her.. then I am unable to go back to my ship.. only able to go to her deck, and to shore.. so I went to shore and game crashed several times.

Ps. File Error is what happened after I board her on first scenario... file Error Copy is after I crashed when trying to go to shore from Larouse's ship

Attachments

• error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 178
  • FreePlay.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 171
  • error - Copy.log
    144 bytes · Views: 197
Last edited:
If ended she will wait in San Juan, Puerto Rico tavern for you.
She isn't intended to mutiny, of course. That must be due to a reputation difference between you and her.
If necessary, she could be set to:
Code:
SetCharacterRemovable(characterfromID("Clair Larrouse"),false);
Try executing that through console, then set sail again.
If that prevents her from mutinying and allows you to complete the quest properly, that should be included as part of the quest by default, I think.

Guide for using console:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/modding-tips-tricks.24942/

Well past hour I been trying several cases, and for now what worked well is I repeated the scenario over from the barbados shore.. and I told her that we part ways.. so for now her quest is still open in my questbook.. is going to puerto rico necessary or it's optional?

Why don't you check the Wiki yourself? You've got the link now.
If the quest hasn't closed, then there is still something left to do. Or it got broken. Probably the first.

Yea i'll give puerto rico a try and see if the quest closes.. it says:

Continue or end partnership ( you split 50,000 between you ) – If ended she will wait in San Juan,Puerto Rico tavern for you.

Walk into sea – ship icon top left – board ship

Quest Closed

ship icon top left and board must be a mistake, because I went to sea and there wasn't any ships to board.. it just ended there. And for the quest gold.. I received 30k, half of the 60k.. so perhaps this guide is correct but more detailed for a previous patch

You can too go to sea on that beach. In fact you have to go to sea from that beach to close the quest. There USED to be an icon there but not anymore, so you fast travel to your ship.

Yea I did somewhat like that.. I just walked up to the long boat and I went to ship.. I had to reload the game though.. my ship didn't appear on the sea till after I reloaded.

However if that's what the wiki meant by "Board" then I believe I did it right. But now for closing the quest and getting Larouse out of my life.. will see tomorrow if going to puerto rico tavern can settle it.

I just did Claire LaRousse. It went exactly as planned and was a breeze. At the end I decided to part ways on the beach. Then I hopped onto my ship and sailed away.

In the first screenie note how far away from the water I am and that I have the ship hilited in the lower left corner. Then, voila!
POTC new 2015-06-25 16-30-49-38.jpg POTC new 2015-06-25 16-31-04-71.jpg

That's nice.. I just had to go a bit further after reloading the game.. it seems i'm the only human in here who suffers from weird problems lol
But in your questbook is the quest still ? or is it tick?

Last time I did this quest, I also saw no icon to go to sea, and for that matter no boat either. I walked back into the jungle, then back to the beach again, the icon was there and so was my ship.

I've never tried joining with Claire Larousse, partly because I'm usually doing a storyline and don't want a companion ship which could mess it up, but mainly because if Claire's ship is occupying one of my companion slots then that's one slot less for a prize ship. And I never double-cross Claire because I'm an honourable type, so I play it straight, split the loot 50/50 as originally agreed, and get a big reputation loss for it - so much for being honourable! The quest closes, we go our separate ways, and Claire returns to San Juan tavern.

Last time I did this quest, I also saw no icon to go to sea, and for that matter no boat either. I walked back into the jungle, then back to the beach again, the icon was there and so was my ship.
Is there a dialog or quest case that happens on that beach?
If so, maybe a SetShipLocation line is executed only then, which is too late because you're already there.

Is it the same beach where you went ashore? Actually, isn't the "going ashore" automatic in that sidequest?
In that case, a SetShipLocation line should be done immediately upon going ashore, instead of later.

I never double-cross Claire because I'm an honourable type, so I play it straight, split the loot 50/50 as originally agreed, and get a big reputation loss for it - so much for being honourable!
Wait, WHAT? Is there any supposed logic behind that?

As far as I tested yesterday, your only option is to split 50-50.

If you ask for more than 50%, she get angry and you kill her.. then nothing else happens, u go back to ship and quest is still on.

If you decide to betray and take all gold you still kill her and quest still exists in the book.

However with 50-50 you can part ways or make partnership.. then still book is open with the quest.

Wait, WHAT? Is there any supposed logic behind that?
At a guess, it's because you still committed the crime of attacking the gold convoy.

In any case, someone thought it a good idea because this is in "quests_side.c", at case "from_shore_to_ship":
Code:
//pchar.reputation = makeint(pchar.reputation) + 1;
ChangeCharacterReputation(pchar, -5);

As far as I tested yesterday, your only option is to split 50-50.

If you ask for more than 50%, she get angry and you kill her.. then nothing else happens, u go back to ship and quest is still on.

If you decide to betray and take all gold you still kill her and quest still exists in the book.

However with 50-50 you can part ways or make partnership.. then still book is open with the quest.
Can you supply a savegame? Preferably from before you've made the choice to split 50/50 or demand more. Also, is this from the recent update (23rd June), or an older version?

Otherwise, looking through "quests_side.c", it seems as though if you double-cross Claire then there is still something to do. I'm not sure exactly where, but it seems to be somewhere on Barbados island. You may have some more walking and land exploration to do...

At a guess, it's because you still committed the crime of attacking the gold convoy.

In any case, someone thought it a good idea because this is in "quests_side.c", at case "from_shore_to_ship":
Code:
//pchar.reputation = makeint(pchar.reputation) + 1;
ChangeCharacterReputation(pchar, -5);
A loss of points with England would probably make more sense.

Last edited:
Turns out that when you get ashore at Barbados for this sidequest, your ship is set to the Lighthouse location.
Then later it is set to the shore where the quest just about ends, but that is probably too late for the ship to actually show up.
So I'm changing it so that your ship immediately is set to that shore:
Code:
    case "to_oxbay_mines_with_larrouse_3_complete":
       DisableFastTravel(false);
       DisableMenuLaunch(false);
       pchar.quest.remove_faked_officers.win_condition.l1 = "location";
       pchar.quest.remove_faked_officers.win_condition.l1.location = "Oxbay";
       pchar.quest.remove_faked_officers.win_condition = "remove_faked_officers";
// PB -->
         for (cidx = 1; cidx < 4; cidx++)
         {
           iPassenger = GetOfficersIndex(Pchar, "" + cidx);
           if (iPassenger > 0) LAi_SetOfficerType(&characters[getOfficersIndex(Pchar, cidx)]);
         }
// PB <--
       locations[FindLocation("Oxbay_canyon")].reload.l1.disable = 1;
       locations[FindLocation("Oxbay_canyon")].reload.l2.disable = 1;
       locations[FindLocation("Oxbay_canyon")].reload.l3.disable = 1;
       locations[FindLocation("Oxbay_canyon")].reload.l4.disable = 1;

RestoreCharacter(characterFromID("Larrouse_pirate_01")); // KK // TALISMAN was quest_pirate_01
       LAi_SetHP(characterFromID("Larrouse_pirate_01"), 80.0, 80.0); // TALISMAN was quest_pirate_01
       LAi_SetHP(characterFromID("Larrouse_smuggler_01"), 80.0, 80.0); // TALISMAN was quest_smuggler_01
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Larrouse_pirate_01"), "Oxbay_canyon", "goto24"); // TALISMAN was quest_pirate_01
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Larrouse_smuggler_01"), "Oxbay_canyon", "goto28"); // TALISMAN was quest_smuggler_01
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("Clair Larrouse"), "Oxbay_canyon", "goto26");
// KK -->
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Larrouse_pirate_01")].dialog.filename = "quest_pirate_01_dialog.c";  // TALISMAN was quest_pirate_01
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Larrouse_pirate_01")].dialog.currentnode = "mines";  // TALISMAN was quest_pirate_01
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Larrouse_smuggler_01")].dialog.filename = "quest_pirate_01_dialog.c";  // TALISMAN was quest_smuggler_01
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Larrouse_smuggler_01")].dialog.currentnode = "mines";  // TALISMAN was quest_smuggler_01
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Blaze_Crewmember_01")].dialog.filename = "quest_pirate_01_dialog.c";
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Blaze_Crewmember_01")].dialog.currentnode = "mines";
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Blaze_Crewmember_02")].dialog.filename = "quest_pirate_01_dialog.c";
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Blaze_Crewmember_02")].dialog.currentnode = "mines";
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Blaze_Crewmember_03")].dialog.filename = "quest_pirate_01_dialog.c";
       characters[GetCharacterIndex("Blaze_Crewmember_03")].dialog.currentnode = "mines";
// <-- KK
       Locations[FindLocation("Oxbay_canyon")].reload.l4.disable = true;

LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Larrouse_pirate_01")); // TALISMAN was quest_pirate_01
       LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Larrouse_smuggler_01"));  // TALISMAN was quest_smuggler_01

LAi_SetImmortal(characterfromID("Clair Larrouse"), true);
       LAi_SetActorType(characterfromID("Clair Larrouse"));

pchar.location.from_sea = "Oxbay_shore_02";
       SetFleetInTown(GetTownIDFromLocID(pchar.location.from_sea), "pchar"); // NK 05-04-02 WM/IT set fleet.
       PlaceFleetNearShore(pchar.location.from_sea); // KK

LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Clair Larrouse"), pchar, "", 3.0, 1.0);
     break;
That should make sure you CAN find your ship without having to use the [Enter] menu.

I also found out that "PlaceFleetNearShore" is better to use than "SetCharacterShipLocation" because that one calls that function anyway and sets the correct worldmap coordinates.
So we may want to do a bit of search-and-replace so that function is used where appropriate.

"SetFleetInTown" is still a bit mysterious. I think that has to do with some fancy economic system stuff, but I'm not sure if it does very much right now.

Reactions: A.H
Just to be clear, what other problems were there with this sidequest again? The talking above looks a bit confusing now. :confused:

Well for me it was just the questbook issue.. it still did not remove from my active quests although I finished it and we parted ways.
But now I'm heading to puerto rico and will speak to her & see if anything happens.

Other than that I just faced the problem during the shore when I decided to either take more than 50% share, or rip her off and take all shares.. I eventually did not get anything nor did the questbook make any changes. So eventually I reloaded save and went with 50-50 since it was only one that gave me the share of gold.

Im now in rico and I spoke to her, and I had 2 options:

"no I haven't considered"
"yes welcome to my crew"

I chose the first one, hoping the quest would end.. but apparently not.. so I speak to her again and all she says:
61.jpg

I tried leaving the tavern and port and back, but she says same thing

So I reloaded save file and then these 2 options come again:
62.jpg

Even after I welcome her to my crew.. I go to her cabin to fire her, but I don't have that option, all she says is "So" and I reply "Nevermind".

Upon recruiting her, quest book stays unchanged (active), even when I went to open map.

Back