• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Clearly Indicate Positive/Negative Effects on Skills in Interfaces

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder

I'd say this makes it even more clear for players what is happening :).

I'd say this makes it even more clear for players what is happening :).
Interesting! That goes red/green depending on whether it is increased/decreased for any sort of reason then? :woot

But it wouldn't distinguish between a case where your ship/fleet are too large for you and you get a sailing/leadership penalty that is compensated by skill items like that.
In fact, I think that doesn't show in that interface at all as any "Fleet Maly" applied only to the "ship skills" shown in F2>Ship and F2>Passengers for the player character.
Maybe something similar could be applied there? If it is not too much effort.... :wp

Yup I've also introduced the charmod. This is a personal modifier for skills. It's calculated for the first number. This can be applied for questchars etc to set theire skill always on 0 (charmod of -10) in this way you could at one point remove the restriction from them etc.
I'm now looking into if I can actually make a helptext or something appear if you hover over it to see what is affecting it. but I think I have to move that to BETA5.
I could look into the ship display also.

:ship Yarrr...now let's do some boarding!
(this is because my master at arms has boarding level 3, so it shows very clearly now its boosted)

(this is because my master at arms has boarding level 3, so it shows very clearly now its boosted)
So that is based then on the difference between the player skills and the ship skills?
And then green is anything increased by an officer and red would be decreased from fleet mali?
Because of course officers by definition cannot decrease your skills and fleet mali don't increase them.

if its increased its shown green and if its decreased its shown red yes.
Its compared with the modded skill (so if a skill is increased by items etc it wont be shown green here)

if its increased its shown green and if its decreased its shown red yes.
Its compared with the modded skill (so if a skill is increased by items etc it wont be shown green here)
Sounds perfect. Then you get purely the effect of items (and your charmod) in F2>Characters and purely the effect of officers+fleet mali in F2>Ship and F2>Passengers.

Should this also be added to the interface(s) where you assign officers to companion ships (ransack, for example)?
That might be the spot where that extra help may be the most useful.

@Levis: Just a quick reminder that this should hopefully still be added to two more interfaces:
The Passengers one and the "Ransack>Assign Officers" one.

wasn't able to do it yesterday or today so will be done on wednesday or somewhere this week :).

Still need to do the ransack interface.
I believe this actually is the transfer interface. It's a nasty one And I don't know yet what I should mark and what not. Suggestions?
Since you can reassign officers in the transfer interface, I can imagine it being a tricky one.
If it isn't so easy, perhaps you can just skip it.

Since you can reassign officers in the transfer interface, I can imagine it being a tricky one.
If it isn't so easy, perhaps you can just skip it.
I will for now maybe after the public release, but first I want some feedback.

Just had a quick look at the Passengers Interface in Brave Black Flag.
Removed all officers from their post and saw that indeed there were no more colour changes showing on the player.

BUT you also don't get to see your officers' REAL skills anymore.
So when you want to know who to assign to which role, you have to check their real skills in the other interface.
That seems a bit inconvenient to me, so you may want to revert that behaviour....

Also, some skills on your officers turn red, probably because those are the "half contributions".
That looks confusing though, since a half contribution is still better than none at all.

My suggestion: Should the officers' REAL skill values.
Then mark in "green" the skills with 100% contribution and in "blue/gold" the 50% contribution.
The player can remain as-is.

Would that make sense?

This would be my suggestion:
Code:
   for(n = 0; n <= 10; n++)
   {
     skill = GetAttributeName(GetAttributeN(skills, n));
     int skillval = GetEffectiveSkill(chref,skill);
     int modval = CalcCharacterSkill(chref,skill);
     int color = COLOR_NORMAL;
     skill = "skill"+skill;
     GameInterface.strings.(skill) = modval;
     if(skillVal >= modval) color = COLOR_GREEN;
     if(skillVal <  modval) color = COLOR_MONEY;
     if(skillVal==0) color = COLOR_GRAY;
     ChangeStringColor(skill,color);
   }

As far as I know I didn't change how it was working...
What about
Red = non contributing skill
Normal = 100% contribute
Grey = half contribute
Green = contributing 100% and boosted by something

Back