• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CoAS Combined Mod Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to change the explosive shot back from the big visible balls into the white streaks it was before the mod? I mean just for mine of course. I guess you guys like the big balls. What file do I edit?

Hy guys!
Ok, I downloaded combined mod and copy them and paste in AGE OF PIRATES 2 directoriy, and I overwrited all files. But when i want to run gam I have error mesage like:

RUNTIME ERROR

POGRAM: C:\PROGRAM FILES\PLAYLOGIC\AGE OF PIRATES 2\START.EXE

THIS APPLICATION HAS REQUESTED THE RUNTIME TO TERMINATE IT IN AN UNUSUAL WAY.

Can somebody help me with these? Thanks! :?

When you installed CMV3.1.5 was it over a fresh copy of COAS?

Have you edited any files?

Was it the patch for CMV3 that you downloaded or the full version like this one CMV3.1.5 Full Version?

Finally did you install any mods before or after installing CMV3.1.5?

Yes it was fresh copy of aop2, and i install mod 3.1.5 with size of 600 mb ( i suposed it is full), but after all this i have copy weather mod maded by myself. When i play original aop2 with my weather mod it is work well, so i dont see the reason why dont work with combined mod?
This is that weather mod: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14937-anoying-fog/

No the weather mod wouldn't effect the game as it doesn't change or share any code with other files. I remember that mod, i too made a weather mod. For mine i made it so the wind could stop blowing and the sea would be calmer and gradually be more rougher as the evening passed bye, then start to be more calmer through the early hours of the night and morning and settle down through the day. I didn't base my work our that of yours, i can't remember everything in your weather mod but i'll take a look at it and if its how i'm picturing it then i'll make the changes over to your mod and use that for CMV3.2.

When you installed CMV3.1.5 was it in exe form or did you have to install it manually?

Oh wait you said you installed it manually overwritting all files when asked. My recomendations would be to uninstall COAS and delete all remaining folders and files in the directory (if any) after its finished uninstalling. Then reinstall COAS (i make a second install myself) to do that once COAS has finished installing, make a folder in your games directory and call it what ever you want. Mines Modded Games and then go back to COAS and copy the folder Age Of Pirates 2 and paste it into the folder you created then go into the folder and copy the games exe and put it on the desktop and rename it COAS Modded Version or something like that. Now when you install CMV3.1.5 use the version you pasted and not the installed version of COAS. That way you alway's have a backup of the whole game and doesn't require you to have to keep reinstalling COAS.

No problem bud, if the game still doesn't work after you have done these things then its something your doing wrong when installing CMV3.1.5. I.

Oh wait sorry this might not be your fault.

Did you when installing CMV3.1.5 copy the folder's Program and Resources or all the folders and paste them into your game directory?

I copy all folders, yes

But now i do it all again, uninstall, delete all files, install again, copy paste mod 3.1.5 and copy paste my mod, and viola. Now the game work. But i dont now what was wrong in the first place, but wathever, now is ok. Thanks!

Is it normal that in combined mod dont have animation movie when enter game?

Thats good to hear, now you can have some fun. :dance

Yes its normal for the game to start with no movie intro, that was removed a while back. :onya

I wish we could put some Navy tradition and watch like atmosphere in the game like the sounding of the bell in PoTC and the by the make fathom and speed in knots. It would be nice to put real historic Navy & Privitering sailing aspects in the game. Even the ability to switch out cannon and different sails other then just the one and two that there is. What do you lads say? Would it be hard to do. Maby even the weighing of the anchore.

Hi i've been using the 1.8 version of this mod and the ship addon packs with no problem until after a break of a while. I installed the latest version of this mod along with a fresh install of coas. My problem is this. I have a level 89 in navigation and yet as many times as I try find a new ship all I am getting is mostly galleons or pinnances from the shipyards. I have not seen a single frigate or ship of that level like the supprise, lydia etc or any man o war, victory type vessels .My character level is 17 at the moment. Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong. Any help would be great thanks

Nope its a problem that is easy to fix bud. Go into the main game directory and open the folder Program. You will see 2 folders called Scripts, 1 of these folder's will only have 1 file in called ShipsUtilites. Copy this file and paste it into the other folder called Scripts then delete the folder that only had the 1 file in. The game is using the old Scripts file which is why your having this problem. This shouldn't require a new game. Load your saved game and use the reinit button to update your current game and continue as normal. :onya

No problem bud and thanks. We are hard at work fixing as many bugs as we can for the next patch so we should see many bugs fixed for CMV3.2 and a few new features added. :dance

It'll take a while before she's generated at a shipyard. You'll most likely see her at sea way before any shipyard.

I've been playing the heck out of this all week. I guess I have v2 I got around March; doing a fresh install and downloading 3.15 now. When exactly was that released and what should I look for that's different?

e: I see some more characters and a lot of graphical changes.

hahahaha Davey Jones is so short

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back