• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

COAS new mod

ovahenort

Landlubber
UPDATED: 26.1.2010
Before everything know that im updating every few days(1-4) so check for updates couse i wont need keep making replys that theme is updated thy

i was learning everything on aop ct and now im starting with coas and making mod...doing everything by myself dunno why
well i finished much things(remade,remove,add new)
working now on texturing everything to better and sharper textures(more realistic)
also preparing to make new quests and new main chars and there is my problem i dont know to make char models didnt learn yet
im looking for person who know work with this things well and if he have time to help me ill post 1 pic of every char only top of it i need more resources about em

UPDATED: 12.1.2010
I want keep everything on 1st page so from now on when ill have something to show ill just add link to this post
It should go like this 1 line =3 links like:

Lugger Hull1 Side - Front - Back
Lugger Hull2 Side - Front - Back
Lugger Hull3 Side - Front - Back

Schooner Hull1 Side - Front - Back
Schooner Hull2 Side - Front - Back

Corvette Hull1 Side - Front - Deck - Updated
Corvette Hull2 Side - Front - Deck - Updated
Corvette Hull3 Side - Front - Deck - Updated

New main menu text Main menu text and logo

Also im lacking of decorations for ship hulls if u know any site with em tell me :will

for cabins i would like someone to make me locators for candles like in small cabin there is 1 candle while 3-4 more are off it would be better
effect that all glowing or give me hints where i can play with that couse i was learning on aop ct and in coas is everything messed up atleast for me
thing is that more candles more automatic shadows(real ones) i wont need to make false shadows on textures if i have more light right?

Removed few attachments

Btw i will call my mod AOP 2 - Pirate Destiny couse i got story for 2 chars which will merge em together in middle of
story and separate(ill write quests on base of that story)
:hmm :mm

Update:Every ship will have different cannons on deck and inside,as default they have similar texture but in my mod theyll have one type cannons on deck and other type cannons
which are inside deck i noticed that deck.tga.tx have 2 cannon textures so ill use that to customize and make better game effect of ships as u know that every ship will have its own deck textures(every hull)
now theyll have they own cannons by that i mean that every hull will have atleast 2 types of cannons also every ship(not per hull) will have different cannon texture

Update 21.1.2010:

New features:
New sun/moon/corona textures and sea glow reflections
New weather system
New sea system - more realistic
Improved storm lighting and flash textures
New prices for items,goods,ships
New fountain water and city waterfall/river water textures - more realistic
New nation flags - (flagall.tga and flagall_ship.tga)
Improved particles - (fishs,fire,ring,blood,blot)
New rope textures - more realistic
New lowmen textures
City lamps improved textures
New light + colors system
Improved world map sea - removed sparcle

Update 23.1.2010:
Next 2 links will show u might of my mod :will
Link 1 is made in AOP CT showing:sea,sun/moon reflections,sun size and reflection size,world map sea sparcle,fountain,npcs,sea reflections,night effects,storm effects
Link 2 is made in AOP COAS(Pirate Destiny mod)showing:sea,sun/moon reflections,sun size and reflection size,world map sea sparcle,fountain,npcs,sea reflections,night effects,storm effects - NEW GRAPHIC (AMBIENT LIGHT SYSTEM)

AOP CT EFFECTS Updated = 30.1.2010:
AOP COAS(Pirate Destiny mod) UNDERCONSTRUCTION

so do u see differences?compare aop ct ship at night(dark allways) and aop coas mod ship at night(have moon light on itself) :onya
What u think for current progres :b:
What u think about sea improvments? :sail

Update 24.1.2010:
New HQ movies coming with new preview
New storm sea and waves effects
New sea and island sea effects
New skys
New sea colors
New sun system - now sun change its color as clock is going also sea reflection,sky reflection on sea and sky color(color effect affect on ships,characters,houses,islands)
New shadow system - couse i manage to get best ambient light effects now we have live shadows as we before had only on characters - new shadows from houses,ships,characters,trees,animals...
that gives a hole new game graphic and without any additional mod or program as ENB or DX9 files
Main menu graphic improved
All ships are sitting as they need in water (no more waves on deck)
Some shaders improved from Age of Pirates 2\modules\techniques folders

Update 26.1.2010:
Improved weather system - new colors for sea,sky,ambient,reflections
New skys are removed couse they dont work well ingame - Old skys remains but with different effect = as clock is going sky moves in circle(clouds)
Original COAS fog system has been improved no more heavy fog all time only at storms and random morning hours
Fixed bug when u remove fog islands float over sea - i manage to use fog system to expand sea horizont so islands now look like they are in water not over sea
this update tells u that new weather system is finished and working perfect...i cant describe how beautifull it looks ingame :will

Update 3.2.2010:

Here are some game screenshots from new interface(unfinished yet) and sun/reflection/sea colors

1 - 2
3 - 4
5 - 6
7 - 8
9 - 10
11 - 12
13 - 14
15 - 16

Update 6.2.2010:

New textures: - names of folder in which are changed all textures

Animals
Battle Interface + Spyglass
Crosshair
Dialog
Fonts
Grass
Interfaces + Maps + Save Icons
LocEfx
MainMenu + Russian
Ships + Corvette + Lugger + Schooner
Weather + Astronomy + Sun + Lighting + Coast Foam
Worldmap + Geometry + Interfaces + Sea

New Sounds: - names of folder in which are changed all sounds

Interface
Music

New INI: - names of folder in which are changed all INI files

Ini
Interfaces

New Program: - names of folder in which are changed all program files

Interface
Items
Locations
Scripts
Sea_Ai
Ships
Store
Weather + Init
World Map

New name for exe file - Destiny of pirate with new icon
New Configuration exe with new icon :onya

Update 14.2.2010:
My FTP Profile where u will in time see much stuff :
Ovahenort Projects

Current mod size : 491mb - Updated = 14.2.2010:

Attachments

• char 1.jpg
    char 1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 226
  • char 2.jpg
    char 2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 223
  • char 6.jpg
    char 6.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 213
  • char 5.jpg
    char 5.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 188
  • char 4.jpg
    char 4.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 193
  • char 3.jpg
    char 3.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 212
I think the best we can do with characters right now is re skin the ones already in the game. A lot of the new models in the (JsCombinedCodeMod) COAS CM aren't really new at all but excellent re skins of original models. Who knows what we will be capable of once we get the source code next year.

If you can do scripting for quests, you could make an excellent contribution here in the COAS forums since most of the modders who frequent this forum aren't too savy on that yet :wp

Excellent picture's by the way, if we had the characters to go with those pictures, we would have some really nice stuff going on.

I think the best we can do with characters right now is re skin the ones already in the game. A lot of the new models in the (JsCombinedCodeMod) COAS CM aren't really new at all but excellent re skins of original models. Who knows what we will be capable of once we get the source code next year.

If you can do scripting for quests, you could make an excellent contribution here in the COAS forums since most of the modders who frequent this forum aren't too savy on that yet :wp

Excellent picture's by the way, if we had the characters to go with those pictures, we would have some really nice stuff going on.

So ur saying noone know to make character models from scratch?why not?

and happy new year :will :will

As far as I know, only a few people on PA! know how and some of those people haven't been active in a long time.

The "char 2" is greate ! they all look very good, but IMO there was missing an old seadog like that (as you didn't started modeling just yet... may i suggest a wooden leg ? that's missing too...)

And happy new year !

People who know something about character models in PotC: Inez Dias, Nathan Kell, High Sea Lass, Sir Christopher Mings,
Damski62, SuperDurnius and Short Jack Gold. Of these people, only the last two have recently been on the forums.
They have been working on figuring out the character modeling thing, but haven't yet gotten it fully to work.
You'd be welcome to join them and try to make it work, though. :yes

well i was working meshes(3d models) for sims 2 before so i dont think its that hard to make 3d model so if i make it i know thats not all right? after i got finished model what more i need to do?
animation? i know for texture thats easyest part =D ill post later few pics new textures for lugger and small cabin ^^

and wodden leg will be :sail

well i was working meshes(3d models) for sims 2 before so i dont think its that hard to make 3d model so if i make it i know thats not all right? after i got finished model what more i need to do?
animation? i know for texture thats easyest part =D ill post later few pics new textures for lugger and small cabin ^^

and wodden leg will be :sail
You might want to start by modifying an existing character - that way animation etc. will already be done - I am using Maya and Blender and can modify the character and get it back into TOOL and the animation works.
HOWEVER - I am having a major problem in getting the texture to appear.

I have tried taking an existing model into Maya / Blender and making NO changes exporting them back out, but the texture is not there. I am missing a step somewhere but don't know where.
Not much help, I know, but modeling is the "easy part", it is getting it back into TOOL that seems to be where the problem is.

Theoretically, you shouldn't need the TOOL in the first place.
Maya should be able to export character models properly on its own.

I like it very much! :onya The only criticism I'd offer is that I wouldn't have run the verticle exterior framing below the waterline - I would have cut the outer ribbing off above the waterline.

You should take a look at some of the models Luke159 ported in from POTC in the Combined mod. Some of these models have really nice shapes, but their skins look terrible.

MK

well im using uvmapper pro for texturing

here are some pics of yet unfinished lugger skin tested in AOP CT

images are taken at res. 1680x1050 so ill post only links

1 - lugger from side new texture - metal,wood,colored wood,new shadows

2 - lugger from behind lion deco

3 - deck closet new texture

4 - deck chair/storage new wood texture adn pillow texture

5 - vant plank holes fixed from 8/10 to 5 still old texture only fixed rope holes

6 - Sailing lugger what u think about it?
sails texture are also my well its 1 of 50 =P

Indeed, your ship texture's look good. As modernknight suggested, why not update some of those old POTC imported textures for COAS?

What you stated can be very annoying, there were some shared textures while I was giving the cabins a makeover and it was highly annoying and still is. For instance one of the wall textures was used on a table.... :shrug So now if my wall is white, a leg of the table is also white now.

You're an artist Ovahenort!!! :onya That's fine work mate! I look forward to what you will do with other ships. If the work is as fine as what you've done with the Lugger, we're all in for a treat. Thanks lad! :yes

MK

Ovahenort, those look fantastic mate! Absolutely brilliant! :cheers

Looks good, although IMO, the planks of the deck look a little too new. If they looked a bit weathered that would be cool. Since your doing pretty good with ships, have you stopped by the Storm engine forum? I'm sure you'll find a lot of other ship modelers there that could give any help or advice that you may need.

I dont know can we do this but it would be nice that we can chose more resolutions like up to 1680x1050 lets say for 22 incs monitors couse when u use postprocesing on current max resolution its not so good i mean its nicer to play at lower resolution without postprocesing then with so i think it need to be able to add more resolutions except manual adding into .ini file if u know anything about this things teach me :will

I like your skins! But they do look quite clean, especially the beams look a bit plastic - like, perhaps you can use some wood textures to use as pattern and then use OVERLAY or something, otherwise the toyship sensation is a bit too big.

Back