• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

COAS still not available

Keith

Raping the Horses and Stealing the Women!
Staff member
Administrator
[imgleft]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/SzdzSVtr3LI/AAAAAAAAAIA/hsoRWlFn4Po/s128/aop2-coas.jpg[/imgleft] Well, I hope this is not the last nail in the coffin for City of Abandoned Ships. I emailed Gamers Gate regarding the availability of COAS as it was supposed to be released on the 26th and the bad news is as follows. I can't see why they don't know, they must be waiting for a Playlogic approval or something but if that's the case they could be waiting a while as Playlogic have been less than useful for both the Age of Pirate titles.

Hi
I had to check it out myself - it seems the release has been shifted to some time in 2010 - but i dont know when yet....or why. Sorry for the delay.
Best Regards
Ashot
Customer Support www.gamersgate.com

AAAARGH! Someone... somewhere... is ACTIVELY trying to KILL CoAS!
Unless the game shows up on Gamers Gate, there is NO point in porting the Build Mod there.
Because CoAS is NOT better available than PotC is. We might even better port to AoP,
at least I HAVE seen THAT game available in stores occasionally! :boom

AAAARGH! Someone... somewhere... is ACTIVELY trying to KILL CoAS!

Yup, I agree 100% Pieter! No publishing company could handle a game as ineptly as Playlogic has CoAS and stay in business if they handled all their games the same way. Their headquarters is based in The Netherlands, and the game isn't even available there. The way I see it, they are either actively trying to squash any competition from Russian game developers, or they simply feel there is no market for the game so they haven't spent any marketing money on it at all. If that were the case though, the game would not be as widely available as it is on torrent sites. With digital distribution, their production costs are negligible compared to putting a game on DVD and boxing it.

Got another email from them.
I think its some problem at Akella. Its not that dependent on us - we post it as fast as we get it.

I would bet money that it's Playlogic telling them that. :rolleyes:

A quick look at the store's website where I bought my copy doesn't have it listed anymore, what I hard game to find :shrug It sure did sell from the store I got it from though, I'll say that much. I went there on a Monday and saw they had at least six or seven copies, I go back Wednesday and they had none left. I found my copy by accident because it was hidden among some other game titles.

The US site of Amazon.com has it, but they only ship within the US, plus it has bad reviews, two out of five stars.

Well, I'm emailing Svetlana (PR @ Akella) about this, it's simple not acceptable that now being so close we get nerfed like this....

OP: No one will play the original after we're finished with it :piratesahoy!

I feel for you guys. I stumbled across it at Best Buy a couple days after Christmas. It was down on the bottom shelf behind a couple flight sims. So I swapped it for EIC.

Back