• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Guide CoAS Walkthrough guide

I finished this quest but i deleted the save game so my memory can fail.
  1. I think there was a log entry after the 3rd encounter (not sure), when a man talks about Austin and the other killers (this man disappeared, there wasn't ambush this time), and some updates after next encounters.
  2. Like you, anyone surely will find this quest at very low level, and without cheating some ambushes are near impossible to survive. Perhaps if you find some of these killers and choose to avoid the ambush, then they won't reproduce again so you could potentially break the quest. That's my guess. Anyway it's a good practice to save before walking the streets if you want to activate or not a specific quest.
  3. If that's the cave with a lot of tunnels i think he was in a great room with some wood platform in it. The other caves were easier
  4. I think it was a unique sword
some times a cave sometimes a Mine he is bad for a newbie have helth and ammo stay away from him and shot him full of holed his power swing kills with one blow. If he has partner its worse you have to Kill him first problem is in a hall or narrow tunnel partner attacks your rear that happens hope you saved before start and leave and restart hope partner or his position changes gets you a wicked italian rapier and 24K gold.

lvling up is a bit bificult or it is my imagination?i have completed 2 governor quests and 4 merchant travels but i am still lvl 2 :(
yep combat/repair and ship battles will work faster than quest have for me to thou still need 3 lvl for eash point in upgrade tabs.

Having trouble with the peter blood starting quest "arms of freedom". I cant loot the sword from the soldier after he gets killed by the saniard. All I can do is enter the room and all I have is a dagger. Is there a different way to get a sword or loot the body?

It is not really a matter of rank.

A lot of the quests are quite easy to do - finding things , looking for ships etc - but occasionally the game creators put in a really "hardcore" task in the middle of a quest. - such as the 10 manowars ( I personally think this one is madness - since you are supposed to board each of them looking for something in the Captains Cabin on one of them :shock )

The other major hardcore task is fighting your way through the temples in the Tenochitlan quest. :ixi :modding

I think they did these things just to challange the hardcore gamers. - But personally I find they are not really that much fun to do.
this is NOT a Game ... It is a real time historically correct simulator of sea combat,sword fighting and life in the age of wooden ships and iron men.

I have encountered a problem with the Blue bird quest. The problem is that it doesn't start at all. In the walkthrough it says that it starts at the first time you ask about work at a store, while I've gone to several store owners and all they offer about jobs is the merchant winds.

I'm playing as Peter Blood just after I leave Bridgetown and because I had a negative reputation at first, I did some other tasks to raise it before asking for work.

Thanks in advance and hope there is a solution to this (I really love the Blue Bird).

Never mind, all I had to do was to go to a merchant that I didn't have to complete a quest from. (e.g. I took a quest from store owner of Martinique for the store owner of Tortuga. To take the Blue Bird quest, I should go to a different merchant from the two.)

Yeah the quest will generate depending on what faction's flag you have adopted. You started as Pieter Blood, so it should be English, but along the way you must have changed flags to work for the French if you received the quest from a French merchant.

MK

I've got a question. I'm working for England and I finished 2nd mission. I would like to begin the 3rd mission, but if it's needed to talk with Morgan before? During 2nd mission you have to talk with him and he offers something you.

About the mummy powder... I can't seem to find it! I've been playing the game for several years and YET the mummy powder is no where to be found. Are there any cities where it is more common? Where do you usually find it?

About the mummy powder... I can't seem to find it! I've been playing the game for several years and YET the mummy powder is no where to be found. Are there any cities where it is more common? Where do you usually find it?

If you are really stuck & have cheats enabled - then Press F11 to bring up the cheats - one of the buttons ( F22 - just checked ) will display the info for the Ascold quest
- which town the store keeper who gives the quest is in
- which town the stall holder who has the Mummy powder is in
- etc.

These things are randomized each time you start a new game.

:drunk

If I understand correctly, F11 opens up an interface which has those buttons graphically on the screen.

Problem :
Flying Dutchman (Ship of Souls)

go to Amatice shore and way through jungle, past Inca temple, to pearl coast settlement (i think you'll have to have spanish patent, or villagers will runaway), and talk with White Boy - (skoda's note - I think spanish flag is enough)

My nation is English but I use Spanish flag but everyone in the village hide in the jungle and it said sentry must be destroyed. Where can I find that sentry?

Problem :

My nation is English but I use Spanish flag but everyone in the village hide in the jungle and it said sentry must be destroyed. Where can I find that sentry?

The sentry is in the section of jungle before you get to the village. If you are Spanish / have Spanish patent - he will walk around and talk to you.

If you don't - you should see him running away from you - you must kill him before he disappears ( shoot him ) or he will warn the village & everyone hides from you.

:cheers

The sentry is in the section of jungle before you get to the village. If you are Spanish / have Spanish patent - he will walk around and talk to you.

If you don't - you should see him running away from you - you must kill him before he disappears ( shoot him ) or he will warn the village & everyone hides from you.

:cheers
Thank you for the respond. I was able to kill him but it takes too many reload before I could kill him with 1 shot but when I entered in the village every NPC are running away from me except those people who are armed furthermore I can't find white boy. My flag is Spanish by that time not my nation, maybe I need a higher stealth mode to enter that village with spanish flag or should I just change my nation.

I'm attempting the kill the beggars quest and hit a rough spot. I went to get the key from the keymaster and was met by 4 soldiers. The walk through says there should be 2 soldiers. So I made it past them and got the key and went to the mansion.

There is another guard in there and after I kill him there is the problem that Willemstad is now hostile to me and I can not fight my way back to my ship and escape. Is there some way to not have that guard in the mansion?

Level 6 and my ship is a fluyt.

I'm attempting the kill the beggars quest and hit a rough spot. I went to get the key from the keymaster and was met by 4 soldiers. The walk through says there should be 2 soldiers. So I made it past them and got the key and went to the mansion.

There is another guard in there and after I kill him there is the problem that Willemstad is now hostile to me and I can not fight my way back to my ship and escape. Is there some way to not have that guard in the mansion?

Level 6 and my ship is a fluyt.

A few options and tips:

1) Leave Curacao immediately and come back later after the Keymaster fight
2) Only loot the chest in the mansion when the guard's back is turned
3) Run like hell to the port with your sword sheathed after killing the guard in the Governor's mansion (fight no one else)

Immediate Dutch hostility is dependent on previous reputation actions.
The city will be hostile after your complete the Keymaster fight if a guard questions you.
You will have to escape the Fort in the harbor under cannon fire if "discovered"

A Pirate captain's proposal (Pirate captain quest) ....tip/question....

The guide suggests a land battle upon making your destination. You will be given a location where you should moor, after which the battle begins.
I got my first today, Turks , south shore , got on time.
2 small merchants, one class 4 heavily armed merchant and a class 3 merchant/warship, Spanish.
Can't moor since I am english and they are crowding the bay. After capturing/sinking all of them, auto-load starts and I get on shore where the pirate captain greets me with discontent, asks for money (150k) says I ruined the plunder by sinking them.

Update: best to my recollection
Two versions of the quest so far. Naval battle or land battle.
In the dialogue if a storm is mentioned you get the land battle explained in the walkthrough, there are cases when just a convoy at a bay is the target, then you get naval.

In my experience, storms (beach fight) are both easier and more lucrative.

Last edited:
Henry Morgan's proposal:

It is not mentioned that while doing the 2nd quest in the English questline you might get the opportunity to do a mini-side quest with Sir Henry and some other fashionable lads.
The object is no-less then plundering the Spanish city Belize(in my case). If you have the opportunity go for it, it is relatively easy since you join some experienced companions. Last but not least, it is loads of fun.

Back