• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help COAS - where to get it

Gunnar

Sailor Apprentice
Ahoy ye ... err fine gentleman and ladies, I had a copy on gamersgate but those filthy landlubbers deleted my account ... I want to play it again and can't find a place to buy it so any tips would be appreciated

Why would they delete your account ? have you messaged support ?

I know quite a few websites that are happy to have accounts sitting there forever.

I have no idea, I remeber password login etc. When I try to reset password it says theres no account connected to my email adress. And for support, Im still waiting for their kind reply :)

We have been trying for many years to get both COAS and POTC on GOG. Since we set up the voting banner, we have gotten the number of votes for both of them more than doubled! POTC now has over 400 votes and COAS is fast approaching 300! We are making progress vote-wise at least!

I used to think Disney was the problem, but it turns out Bethesda, and ZeniMax are the ones holding things up. These are the same people that tried to sue Mojang for the term "Scrolls." :rolleyes: I'm assuming the problem is either the fact that GOG is DRM free, or their contract with Steam. I just don't understand why they feel putting 10 year old games on GOG is going to infringe on their copyrights. It will in fact make them money that they currently aren’t making now for franchises that have long since stopped paying off anyway. Not to mention they would actually be doing something their fan base wants! Most game corporations tend to ignore ther fan base anyway though. :shrug

It would probably be a lot of effort and therefore costs for them to make them available.
And the returns would be limited. Or so they think.
If they think anything about it at all, since most likely the idea isn't on their mind even in the slightest.

Effort?? I am sure it wouldn't take a whole lot of effort, maybe someone double checking and cleaning up the code a bit. Although that wasn't much of a concern for them when the game first launched. We had most of the vanilla game breaking bugs in POTC fixed in just a few weeks. If your referring to a tech support effort, again, I don't see where that would be a concern as we have been doing that job for them for well over a decade anyway! It takes a whole lot more effort for the idiots who have edited the games, infected them with malware, and uploaded them to torrent sites across the world than it would take for them to be released on GOG.

Limited returns... well, I suppose that if you only take in to account the 400 votes POTC has received so far, that might be considered limited. However, if you take in to account that this dedicated forum community has been around for 12 years working on the same mods, those numbers increase dramatically! Aside from the original launch, most people who have played the game over the years only found out about the game because of us and torrents. Their original marketing campaigns were pathetic, even taking in to consideration the movies. Plus the fact that there is a whole new generation of gamers who have never even heard of these games.

If they are unaware of the fact that their fan base wants these games, and many others btw, on GOG then they are even more clueless than I have given them credit for. I know GOG has contacted them about other games in the past, and I am pretty sure POTC has been mentioned as well.

Preaching to the choir, mate.
Was just trying to look at it from the other side.

Aye mate, that is what I figured, as you have been around for over a decade now yourself. Jut restating the facts for some of the new people who may read this, and the occasional corporate weasel. :wp

Thanks Elderlaw, I was thinking about digital copy but i guess that will be best solution. Pity they never released it in Poland ...

Back