• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Coastguard ships refuse to fire.

Green Jacket

Sailor Apprentice
Thread title says it all.

When I get caught smuggling the coast guard refuse to open fire, they may board if I get close, but they will point blank refuse to open fire on my ship.

I'm presuming this is a bug.

Are they indicating red on your "radar"? I had some issues with them not being hostile when I rewrote the code generating them,
but that seemed to "resolve itself". Which is always quite dodgy, because problems that go away on their own might just randomly show up again. :facepalm

Yeah they are defiantly red, also I presume they are hostile seeing once they boarded me!!! lol

Also noticed other ships of the same faction stay neutral until they surrender... and then after a few moments return to neutral again... not sure whats going on :nerbz

For those coastguard ships, did you ever get round to capturing them? So you could check their hold and see if they've got ammo?

yeah it did it had ammo :confused:

I've done a couple more smuggling runs, it seems like the first two I did both had that bug, since then it's sorted itself out and it's all working fine now..... that was really weird

Then the only other potential reason I could think of are the skills of the captain. Perhaps he was crap with cannons? :facepalm

Coastguard vessels probably shouldn't be opening fire on smugglers at all unless you shoot first.

Well seeing you have to kill the coastguards on the short, or run away from them to get onto your ship, it's no a bad idea they try to sink your ship.

Mind you would be cool if they board your ship and try to get you to surrender, although I think that might be asking too much :)

The only reason why that ship would be there in the game is because you've been caught smuggling, but got away.
The ship IS coded to be hostile, so it not firing its cannons is most assuredly unintentional.

Back