• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Combined Mod v3.2 (No longer being worked on)

Luke159

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
NOTE: This mod is no longer being updated, please download GoF! instead

DOWNLOAD:

CMV3.2 Full Mod
CMV3.2 Patch 1.0

NOTE: A new game start is REQUIRED to play this mod.

BUGLIST:
There are a few bugs in this release, the most common and their workarounds are listed below if you wish to report any bugs please post them in Here In The Bug Tracker:

OFFICER PORTRAITS NOT SHOWING ON SOME SCREENS
You may realize you cannot scroll through officers at the store or the shipyard, this is because their portrait is not showing, in order to select them, you must mouse over the "blank" portrait, and left click.

SHIP PORTRAITS NOT SHOWING ON SOME SCREENS
Basicly the same info applies here as the bug above. Left click on where the blank portrait is to select the ship.

PLAYER AS PETER BLOOD MEETS HIMSELF IN TAVERN AS RECRUITABLE OFFICER
Don't freak out, it's just a bug. I think it will be fixed in the next release.

SOME SHIPS 3D CREW IS FLOATING OUTSIDE/ABOVE THEIR SHIP
This one sucks to fix, but it is a known bug, most ships have been fixed now.

NEW FEATURES GUIDE:
Some info you may want to know about features added that are not in the vanilla game

We are pleased to announce the release of CMV3.2. We have spent a lot of time trying to fix the bugs and improve aspects of gameplay, there is a lot of improvements and some new features aswell as many bug fixes. The lists bellow will give you some insight into what has been done in CMV3.2.

New Books Mod
This mod adds 46 new items to Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships. Previously, a number of idols and trinkets existed in the game, which arbitrarily increased the skills of the player when carried. Those bonuses have been removed. In their places are 46 books. The first 42 give bonuses to each of the fourteen ship and player skills; three books totalling 60 points per skill. The remaining four books are extremely rare works focusing on the facets of Western martial arts.

Current Features:
-46 skill books, providing a sense of greater realism.
-Increased sale values of some statues and idols, making them more attractive loot.
-Potential +60 to every skill. Melee skills can all potentially gain even more.

Toggle Switches
In Program == _mod_on_off.h you will have the option to set the game to your liking from 4 switches. These switches are.
- Realistic Spyglass (play with stock settings where all features like, speed, sail damage, hull damage etc are shown or play with all those features turned off).
- Realistic Ship Purchase (either play with stock settings where all ships are generated at the shipyard or play with the more realistic way where only small ships will be purchaseable).
- Realistic Reloading Times (choose to play with a more realistic cannon loading times or set to play with faster reloading times).
- RTBL (choose to play with full stock settings a first in the combined mod or play with a more realistic naval battle feel, difference is battles will last longer).

New Cannon/Culverine Calibure Format
We have worked hard to reduce what calibures are available, we wanted to offer a more realistic balance rather than thrown a whole bunch of different calibures at you. By doing this a lot of things was fixed that would otherwise have been hard to balance out and fix. We have removed many calibures and rather than give you a full list of the calibures here's a summery of how many has been removed from each calibure. Cannons = 7, culverines = 8. Culverines now have a maximum calibure of 32 rather than 42 as was the case in CMV3.1.5.

New Features
New music pack by--------------------------------------------------Officerpuppy
Realistic ship purchase update by------------------------------------Luke159
RTBL toggle added by---------------------------------------------------Luke159
Console.C added by----------------------------------------------------Luke159 and Pieter
Realistic loading times added by ---------------------------------------Luke159
The Complete Sailor's Guide to Privateering by-----------------------Firebat, Thagarr, Darkhymn, modernknight1 and Pieter
Destiny of Pirate Sea Foam by-----------------------------------------Scyron
Weather Changes by------------------------------------------------- (from Russian mod)compiled by Craiggo and Luke159

Bug Fixed
Trade Winds Fix by -----------------------------------------------------Limbless
Officer's loyalty fix by -------------------------------------------------steelrat
Better Items tx and Models compiled by -----------------------------Craiggo
Forts range fixed by------------------------------------------------------Luke159
Cannons duplications bug fixed by--------------------------------------Luke159
Food consumption fixed by-----------------------------------------------Luke159
Ships names updated in a few files by-----------------------------------Luke159
Cannon damage set to stock value by-----------------------------------Luke159
Sailor crew fixed by---------------------------------------------------------Luke159
Goods updated by ----------------------------------------------------------Luke159
Ships maximum and minimum crew sizes fixed by----------------------Luke159
Ships imagies fixed by------------------------------------------------------Luke159 & Craiggo
Sailorpoints fixes by--------------------------------------------------------Luke159 & Craiggo
Ship prices fixed by----------------------------------------------------------Luke159
Further weather improvements by -----------------------------------------Luke159
Ships turn ability fixed by---------------------------------------------------Luke159
Cargoholds fixed by---------------------------------------------------------Luke159
Cannon/culverine calibures shake down fixed by------------------------Luke159

Log Changes After Testing
Wind speed and sea waves fixed
Some ships prices fixed
RTBL changes fixed
Frigate_1 name fixed
A mistake in cannons_init fixed
Spanish BattleGallion changed to Spanish Battle Gallion
Battle Frigate Fixed
Cannon weights fixed
Cannon damage multiplier fixed
ForAll_dialog moved to correct folder
Ship enteries reset
Waterline fixed for Scout Frigate
Captains offering quests fixed
Changes to food rations fixed
Rum placement in store fixed
92Ibs cannons removed from shipyard
Original sailorpoints fixed
Fast Galleon renamed Golden Hind
Goods weights fixed
Sailorpoints files that coursed lag removed or replaced
New ship portrait for Heavy Lugger
Few goods prices changed
War Tartane image fixed
Some sailorpoints fixed
Wind Against speeds fixed
Shot types amount per purchase reduced to 10
Amount of rum needed for supplying ships fixed
Amount of guns mounted and that fire on the Bounty fixed, ship also reclassed to class 7
Powder units per purchase reduced to 10
Pinnace sailorpojnts files updated but problem not fixed
HMS Mordaunt fixes included
Realistic ship purchase fixed
Light Corvette's waterline fixed
Ships minimum crew's fixed
Reverse lighting bug fix for Felipe

Not a problem bud, we have all worked hard to get this one out and i think you'll have a lasting impression after playing it. Thats if you can stop playing it at all. xD:

I'm hopping for that ;)

After trying you're mods guys CoAS is in my PC top 5 games. And i think it will stay there for a long time.
If sails ever carry you to Adriatic sea Rum is on me. :j3

Thanks a lot to everybody involved in this, some great new features added and some annoying bugs squashed

AWESOME :will

Congratulations, mates! Glad to see I've been able to do something for you people as well. :doff

One thing I can recommend... once you've tested this a bit and it seems good, be sure to post it on the ModDB too.
But if you do, try to make it into an EXE file installer. At least a 7-Zip installer, though a REAL one would be even more professional.

Then write an article of the new features and include in that article a link where people can buy the game if they're interested.
Make some good screenshots and post those too. That should help in more people taking note of your hard work.

Great looking mod. I had been looking forward to the books. Its a shame that i just started playing POTC like 3 days ago. My hard drive filled up, so i had to uninstall coas.... I dont even know what to say... :facepalm

But on the bright side, i think its a great idea to change the totems to books! I never understood how for example a knife could help youre cannons. This is way more realistic. I also think it was smart to take the calibers (calibres?) and reduce them. Since the walk files are fixed, the sailing is more enjoyable. It was never really hmmm a huge blow to the game, but it sure does make it more professional looking. Its a great update!

Thats ok bud, hopefully when you do play COAS with CMV3.2 installed you'll fall in love with it. Obviously we want to offer everyone the best we can and i thinkwe have achieved that. When we start on another update we hope to further improve things for everyone, for now though injoy POTC. Build 14 is looking more and more like a great mod and when thats all finished and the team from POTC move to COAS we will start to see some great improvements, at the moment we lack in some area's but we do what we can and hopefully the POTC mod team will use what we have done as a starting point to further imrpove COAS.

Pieter can you pin this topic please, i can't do it myself. Thanks bud. :onya

Pinned, mate. :doff

From what I hear, both modded PotC and CoAS are quite worth playing these days.
If you've got both, you can have the fun of both worlds.

Congratulations on the release guys. I've closed the old CM thread since this version got it's own thread.

I LOVE you all too!! I was waiting for v3.2 for long time. Thanks for this release!!!! :onya :cheers

First impressions.... This mod is so great that I played it for 5 hours with no pause! It's great, everything is excellent and working just like Switzer watch.
Must say in my English grammar I can't find right words to describe how awesome it is.

yeah, but remember that youll have to start a new game. If you meant uninstalling 3.1.5, no you dont have to.

Nice work Mod Team...!!! 
This is about the Mod Installation having both v3.1.5 and v3.2 installed and working and switching between them if you so choose.

I am using a little program ( http://www.users.on....ucts-jsgme.html ). Mod Enabler. I may have found the link on Pirates Ahoy, can't remember. I allows game Mod's to be enabled and disabled. Works really nice.

Installed "Mod Enabler" into Pirates 2 folder.

Unzipped v3.2 into its own folder ,CMV3.2.0 folder, also inside of Pirates 2 folder.

Inside of the CMV3.2.0 folder are the, ~Readme~, modules, program and resource folders.

Selected the CMV3.2.0 to be enabled, not individual folders inside. This takes a few minutes to enable and takes up quit a bit of disk space because it makes backups of the original files.

The end result is I am able to continue to play my v3.1.5 adventure and switch to the new v3.2.0

Thought I would share this for anyone deep into a v3.15 game, like me, and not wanting to loose that game but also start playing the Great New Mod.

Mod Enabler seems to work just fine so far, I have switched back and forth between game versions several times without any problems.

Again Nice Job Mod Team, and Thank You for your hard work... It really shows. Lizards got to love em. Everything looks superb, even getten knocked on me kan. About 3 hours in so far looks great.

Update:

Wow..!! I just had to get back in and say how wonderful v3.2 is. All the little details are starting to show and they are everywhere. Ship skirmishes are so real now. Every thing looks so great. The amount of work that went into this must have really taken a long time. Did I mention I'm having fun, really really having fun. I am having a ball. Thanks Mod Team....!!!! Outstanding Job. 

Lord Fauntleroy.

Great job MOD team! I'm really loving it - most of it anyway (haven't tried any of the CM's before tho).

There's just couple of things about officers that bug me - first of all, why do they assign their skill points automatically? (It wouldn't be a big problem tho if a gunner wouldn't take bosun's skills for example). Also, while boarding - they follow you around instead of fighting(???) if you don't engage the combat - this one is very confusing :shrug

Other than that, well done.

Cheers

p.s. I don't know why slaves are legal to sell everywhere, since (as far as I know) governments had contracts with big companies that gave those companies monopole over slave trade - but I know how to fix that one.

In regards to slaves, some historical research went into this and was determined that a majority of the Spanish locations in the game were hot spots for importation, and other importation areas were scattered about the other islands. These locations were selected for their existence in the game and to fit the game's time frame.

Yes, companies like the VOC or East India Company had a majority of these contracts, there are limitations to what we can do with the game so certain concessions have to be made.

We worked hard looking for info on slave trade and its not like we was the first to introduce it POTC has it in aswell. If anything its made it more realistic or as close as we can get it at least.

@ Fauntleroy
Good to hear your having fun bud, i'm not sure how long we spent working on it but it was a while. I think its all coming together now, much imrpovements was made and of course many important fixes. Look forward to your story soon hopefully, you'll have much to say i think. :dance

@ OP
Thanks OP, it was good to finally release V3.2. There was much interest in this mod and we was getting excited about releasing it, and from the looks of it we have done well fixing the bugs in testing because none have been reported yet (waits for suden flood of bugs been reported) hope not but there might be one or two we missed. :facepalm

We worked hard looking for info on slave trade and its not like we was the first to introduce it POTC has it in aswell.
The original PotC game didn't and neither does the PotC Build Mod. Or is that not what you meant?

Back