• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Composer looking to volunteer if any help is needed

jmooremusic

HoO Team Member
Music and SFX
Provisional
Hey everyone. I know there's a couple of posts already here in regards to some musician's looking to help...so if you don't need my help, that's totally cool - I'll look forward to playing the game anyway. But if you do need some help I'd like to volunteer. As the title says I'm a composer looking to build my reel - been a recording/touring musician for a while and just looking to change my field so anything I can add to my reel is helpful. Let me know if you need/would like help, of if you don't. Either way, the game looks cool.

-Jeremy

:ahoy mate!

What type of music are you most interested in? Have you read the posts by other musicians? That would give you an idea of where you might fit in.

Greetings,
I have read posts from other musicians, and best I could tell the music you're looking for fits into these three categories:
Movie soundtracks
Orchestral music
Period folk music
I don't have a problem doing either of the three. I have been composing for a while (studied composition and orchestration at Berklee College of Music). If asked I'm probably "most" interested in orchestral type stylings, but really I can write in whatever style is needed and with whatever orchestration is needed. I have my own studio, so live instrumentation is a problem (provided I can play it as I can't bring in other musicians on a non-paid project). But really I'm just in it to help with whatever may need help - or just to encourage if no help is needed.

Welcome to the forum; good to have you! :woot

This is the shortest, clearest post we have on the subject of music: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/official-discussion-thread-music-and-sound-effects.19722/

In general, you can pick whichever type of music you'd prefer writing and see what you can do.
One idea we had is if the melody of the real "Hearts of Oak" shanty could be reworked into a swashbuckling (semi-)orchestral theme for the game.
But that could become very challenging...

What I was thinking about there was turning H.O.O. into a nice, stately, but firm march played by a string orchestra (or possibly something smaller, if neccesary). That's just one of those songs that can't sound swashbuckling if you stay true to the original piece. Maybe it can. I haven't though of an incredibly good way to do it.

Anyway... somebody who is trained in orchestral compositions will definitely fill a gap in music production.

Back