• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[composer/producer]

Ahoy matey! Welcome the forum. :woot

I'm currently at work, so can't listen to the track you did. But I certainly appreciate the enthusiam! :woot

@Flannery is our music coordinator and I'm sure he'll be along soon.

Hey @Dastroids :)

I have listened to your piece, and I liked it - and I am sure we would have room for it for some dramatic scene, or dramatic atmosphere! :)

I have one wish though. Is i possible to make it longer? If you do not want to compose more on it, would you be ok with just letting the two themes run once more - doubling it in length?

In the meantime, I have set you up on the team as provisional Composer. Welcome the the crew, matey! :cheers

Hey @Dastroids :)

I have listened to your piece, and I liked it - and I am sure we would have room for it for some dramatic scene, or dramatic atmosphere! :)

I have one wish though. Is i possible to make it longer? If you do not want to compose more on it, would you be ok with just letting the two themes run once more - doubling it in length?
How long in mins do you wan't it (ill have a look if i can improvise some more on it ) .if not ill double it .

In the meantime, I have set you up on the team as provisional Composer. Welcome the the crew, matey! :cheers
Thanks mate . If you guy's need more tracks, theme based, just send me a theme and ill have a look.
So excited to be part of this game !!

If for example we are to use this piece triggered by for example a chase of another ship, (or for example calling out the order to ready the ship for battle or boarding) - triggering it either has to loop the piece for the duration of the chase, or it needs to be longer so the nerve us preserved for a longer period than 2.2 min. If it is set for looping it must have a start and end that works for that purpose.

An easy solution to your piece is simply cutting where the second theme ends and start from the first theme again - making the piece 4.4 min long instead.
Pretty much the same would go for making it loopable :)

Adding even a third theme or progress the two themes even more would grant us even more minutes.

For a menu piece or something that just is used behind more relaxed and mundane scenes of the game, the length does not matter that much - but for battles, chases and other more dramatic pieces this is different ;-)

If for example we are to use this piece triggered by for example a chase of another ship, (or for example calling out the order to ready the ship for battle or boarding) - triggering it either has to loop the piece for the duration of the chase, or it needs to be longer so the nerve us preserved for a longer period than 2.2 min. If it is set for looping it must have a start and end that works for that purpose.

An easy solution to your piece is simply cutting where the second theme ends and start from the first theme again - making the piece 4.4 min long instead.
Pretty much the same would go for making it loopable :)

Adding even a third theme or progress the two themes even more would grant us even more minutes.

For a menu piece or something that just is used behind more relaxed and mundane scenes of the game, the length does not matter that much - but for battles, chases and other more dramatic pieces this is different ;-)
Ai captain.
Another question .
How should i deliver the final master .Do you wan't me to master it(if not what db level should it be at ) ,and what type of file should i deliver.

We have not discussed the db level at all.
@Captain Murphy wants the final master in OOC files. For now we master ourselves if capable - if you are uncomfortable with it I guess I will do it later ;-)

But from what I have heard so far you seem capable enough for the level needed for this game.

We are still far from thinking of alternatives to mastering "out of house"

We have not discussed the db level at all.
@Captain Murphy wants the final master in OOC files. For now we master ourselves if capable - if you are uncomfortable with it I guess I will do it later ;-)

But from what I have heard so far you seem capable enough for the level needed for this game.

We are still far from thinking of alternatives to mastering "out of house"
ai captain .
update clean master 4 mins now
https://soundcloud.com/dastroids/dastroids-man-o-war

Thanks!

And I apologize.... Where are my manners...

Welcome matey!! :cheers:pirates:ship

Back