• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Computer crashing when playing pirated games

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbb12

Landlubber
Ahoy!

Im having problems with my pc. I have downloaded many games from torrents and 90% of them run smoothly without any problem, but the latest i have tried (xcom: enemy unknown) keeps crashing. I think it is a graphics card crash as when it happens the screen goes to a random fuzzy color like purple or green and a 'bzzzzzzzzz' noise starts. I just restart it and it reboots fine.

The only other game that caused this on my pc was Skyrim. What would be causing this? I thought it could be the temp of my PC as it has been running for the last 15hours+ so i have turned it off to allow to to cool down as i write this.

Would it have anything to do with the fact when i downloaded the torrent it was in RAR's which I had to unpack and i'v done something wrong? I have had no problem with ISO games (dishonored worked just fine earlier in the week). I cant remember weather Skyrim was and ISO or in RAR's when i DLed it.

The crash seems to happen after something occurs. i.e a car exploding and then 2seconds after the crash, or an enemy being killed in a short cinematic then crash. It unlikely but both have had a loud noise associated with the action if that could have anything do to with it?

I am running Windows 7 32bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 2.66GHz
4gb RAM
ASUS VW193T 896MB Geforce GTX 260

Thanks!

Pirated games ? That's against our policy here. Pirates Ahoy deals with Pirate video games, not Pirated Video games. I'm afraid we can't help you.

By the way... what does that have to do with "Pirates of the Carribean gameplay and tips?" Trolling perhaps? This is awfully, well... fishy?

That is... not something we have anything to do with. Never even heard of it. :shock

Stop downloading pirated video games, problem solved! As your problem is now solved, there is no more need for this topic. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back