• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Poll Concerning MK's Eras mod....

I have the following opinions/intentions concerning MK's Eras mod

• I will not download or play MK's Eras mod

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't really care about period accuracy or colonies. I just want more pirate ships like the QAR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
I have a lot of irons in the fire. The middle era mod is about done and very satisfying to play as far as my own selfish gaming needs are concerned. I have a lot of irons in the fire right now and will continue or not to work on this project depending on the responses I receive. Please vote on as many lines as you like....

These are what I voted for:

I care very much about historical accuracy
All I care about is pirates and pirate movies like POTC
I care about having more accurate weather and water effects
I care about having the proper historical ships, uniforms, and alliances for each era

Of course I don't play CoAS due to lack of time, but I completely support your efforts on this. After all, I haven't pushed so hard to get the Periods mod included in PotC for nothing!

Could you reword "All I care about is pirates and pirate movies like POTC" to "I care about is pirates and pirate movies like POTC" though?
Indeed I DO care about pirate movies like PotC and Cutthroat Island and like those a lot, but those are by no means the ONLY things I care about.
I have just as much interest in more historically accurate fare like Hornblower (books, movie and TV series) and Master & Commander (the movie only).
Not to mention I actually work as a seafarer myself, so not only have an interest in real-life seafaring, but actually DO it as well.

On the other hand, I definitely do not care about "having additional islands and colonies". Reason being that this sound like "quantity of quality".
I have more interest in filling the existing islands and colonies with more interesting stuff.

I for one, have grown tired of the present anachronistic mix of ships. A periods mod for CoAS is something that I've wanted ever since I first purchased the game.

I selected the additional islands and colonies option, but I feel that that is something that should be done after the completion of everything else.

You know me MK i love historicaly accurate things, RTBL was not perfect but it was much better than the default settings (still playing with these settings though, but only slight changes, ie 0.1's and 0.2's kind of changes). As soon as you have released this mod i will definately be downloading it, i have been looking forward to this since you announced working on it lol.

These are what I voted for:
Master & Commander (the movie only).
Didn't you read Patrick O'Brian books?
These books are why I'm still here to check POTC and COAS mod: Just to have the more accurate Master & Commander simulation.
Take your time to read some of Patrick O'Brian's book are amazing.

I will download
I care about historical accuracy
I care about acurate weather
I care about uniforms alliances and flags
I care about additional colonies
I care about MK i dont want him going away

Didn't you read Patrick O'Brian books?
Back in 2007 I bought the first book of both the Hornblower and M&C series.
I finished Hornblower in no time at all and subsequently bought and read the entire rest of the series shortly after.
The first M&C book I have to this day been unable to finish because it seems to be written very differently.
I lost interest in one of the early chapters where Dr. Maturin went into the rigging and a crewmember started to explain all the different sails.
One day, I'll give it another shot.

MK should never go away and COAS is not dead its just there's not enough ppl modding it or onderstanding the files my opinion drop the idea of PotC and move to COAS Modding and it will come to life with everyones effort don't hate my opinion

Cheers MK :D

Back in 2007 I bought the first book of both the Hornblower and M&C series.
I finished Hornblower in no time at all and subsequently bought and read the entire rest of the series shortly after.
The first M&C book I have to this day been unable to finish because it seems to be written very differently.
I lost interest in one of the early chapters where Dr. Maturin went into the rigging and a crewmember started to explain all the different sails.
One day, I'll give it another shot.

You really have to get used to the language. The books are written as though they're from the nineteenth century. Once you do get used to it, reading the series is a very rewarding experience.

We all love MK, his work is increddible and his eye for detail is second to none. he alway's strives to make COAS more realistic but not to the point where its unplayable and looses its appeal rating, MK has helped me out many times with things like RTBL and features within RTBL. Without MK RTBL would never have gooten to the level it did, so if MK was to leave we would all loose a great person and modder.

If you leave MK we will all come and find you and glue your keyboard to a solid platform and then glue your wrists to the keyboard making sure you can reach all the buttons.:razz

MK should never go away and COAS is not dead its just there's not enough ppl modding it or onderstanding the files my opinion drop the idea of PotC and move to COAS Modding and it will come to life with everyones effort don't hate my opinion
Just out curiosity, have you tried the latest PotC Build Mod?

You really have to get used to the language. The books are written as though they're from the nineteenth century. Once you do get used to it, reading the series is a very rewarding experience.
I'm quite willing to believe that it IS a good series and I will try to read the book again some time. Maybe if I just keep going and don't give up, I'll find I actually liked it in the end.

Still, there's no way it's going to be better than Hornblower; that series is so brilliant that I still cannot believe it. That and Harry Potter are my favourite high-quality book series for sure.

Plus the people who don't actively post here. This will definitely be what all the people I recommend the game to will play. It should, logically, end up more successful than GoF.

It IS possible to view who voted for what in this thread. :wp

On the other hand, as far as I'm concerned, it IS allowed to not care about historical accuracy;
some people may just want to have fun and that's that.
Actually, that's what I'd want if I would actually play the game for myself, since I don't have that much historical knowledge myself.
But since historical accuracy doesn't hurt the game in any way and can provide a better atmosphere, I do care about it.
And who knows... maybe I'll actually learn something! ;)

A better question would be: How come nobody else cares about pirate movies and the like? Am I really the only one???

Ooh damn it was me I checked the box don't really care about historical accuracy by accident I do really care actualy srry guys and PB no I haven't try the PotC Build mod but now I'm up for it at first I didn't care about potC bcs it was from 2003 but since I've discovered this comunity I wanted to but never got the chance but I will :D

Back