• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Config.Exe not working

BookStiker

Landlubber
Config.exe does not work when ran. It lets me run it if I just double click, and shows up in the processes but never actually shows up as an application. When I clicked open at the top of the folder screen and run it though, it says that "Engine.ini or Options file missed" despite them both being present in the folder. Is there anyway to fix this without reinstalling, and if i do have to reinstall can I keep my save files?

Where do you have the game installed?

You can definitely keep your saves.

Does the game run at all? If so, you could also manually edit engine.ini using Notepad.

The game's installed in the standard Games folder under Libraries. And I know you can Manually edit it the game in the Engine.ini but I'm lazy and would prefer the config.exe file working. It was working, but I accidentally double clicked and almost renamed the folder, when I set it back to the stock name the file no longer worked and I'm not sure if it can be fixed. If it can't, how would I keep a save file and reinstall it?

Try to extract this file to the game

Attachments

• Config.zip
    85 KB · Views: 123
"Standard game folder under Libraries"?
What does that mean? Is that a Windows 10 thing?

If that is anything similar to the normal default installation folder in Program Files, possibly Windows Security Stupidity is in full play there.
In other words: Get the game out of there as soon as possible!

I decided fuck it and just reinstalled the game, works fine now. No idea what the issue was, everything's in the same place as it was before. Thanks for trying though

Back