• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Controls resetting

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
For a while, if I was in 3rd person sailing, if I pressed a left or right arrow key then the view shifted to another ship. I've no idea why this started happening. It kept happening if I reloaded a saved game. It kept happening after the game started crashing and I copied everything back from backup directories. If I wanted to use a command and didn't want the view to shift then I had to be in 1st person view. And then, equally without explanation, it stopped happening and I could press the arrow keys as much as I liked, the view remained stuck on my ship as it should.

Could someone confirm this and maybe post a compile or error log after it happens or a savegame after it happened?

View shifting to another ship should happen if you use Ctrl+Arrow Keys.

I quote:
1. There is some old code buried somewhere that will reset the controls to some strange system randomly. Normally the cure is to delete the options file. It seems you got some of that, but then it went away.

Maybe the ctrl key was locked in pressed state?
A lot of games (including) potc have a problem if you press a key at the wrong time during a loading screen it will only register a keyPressed but no keyReleased so it still things the key is pressed and the key works the other way around. In some games this can be quite helpfull if you want auto running and they don't support it.
But I don't think thats the case here.

Back