• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Copies of ships from the Pirates of the Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer about the length you get from these screenshots=)
So the original ship's masts have a lot of wasted length at the top? I don't recall that carrying over to the version seen in Dead Man's Chest and later, so we'd probably end up with two versions of those masts for the different rigging configurations.

Personally, I don't think that's worth the trouble. What does everyone else think?

The usual pearl will have a separate mod and the mast there will also need to be edited only elsewhere. Ordinary pearl is a completely different ship. Otlichaetsya almost all. You will understand when I will start to do it)

How many other modifications did you have in mind for these ships?

The pearls only have to change the length of the masts in certain places and that's all. And revenge is ready. I posted the files with it. It will be more difficult with the Dutchman. If you certainly take...

Little fanaticism)
began to make a pearl classic.
Armada, how are the masts there?) Or did you decide not to do this?)

Thank you Pieter, Do not know how Anna's adaptation to the Horizons goes?
No idea, truth be told.
I hoped @Jones might be able to make that work, but he may need some support on that.
But I cannot provide that support at the moment...

I can. But I think we need to finish the rest of the ships for a start. And after that I will definitely do it. It would be an honor for me to see my ships in the Horizons)

I can try it if you want:onya
All that should be needed:
- If necessary, rename the GM files to match with the current PotC folder structure
- Change any "fal" locators to "rope" (if I recall correctly), because the Storm 2.0 engine doesn't do "hanging ropes"
- Add "penn" locators to match with all "flag" locators for the Different Flags mod

The model files themselves are interchangeable between the two games.

This is the final version of the pearl. While I wait for the mast to replace, I would like to know your opinion and listen to suggestions and remarks.

I am not very familiar with the exact details, but she does look very nice like that! :onya

A truly accurate cursed Black Pearl would require some changes in the hull, since the Pearl went through some changes in her design from the first movie to the second one (Either they wanted to make the Pearl more elegant or they did not do their job properly. Either way, it resulted into in a "continuity error") But that would require doing modeling in the hull and modelers here probably have already a lot of things to do to bother with this. However having an accurate rigging is already something great.
The Pearl looks awesome, you did a wonderful job @Layder :woot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back