• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Copies of ships from the Pirates of the Caribbean

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said that you do not know how to work in Maya)) I'm talking about "TOOL". My english is crooked) sorry)
If it is TOOL, anyone can do it and I have not a second to spare.
Do it yourself or ask literally anyone else.

OK, one more time:

Pieter does not do ship modelling.

You will not get your lanterns by asking him. Not in Maya, not in TOOL, not in any other program.

@Grey Roger and/or @Jones: Would you guys be able to put @Layder's work to use in the PotC Build Mod by any chance?
Would be a shame to leave it out, no...? :unsure
If the revised Black Pearl is complete, and if I can get it, and if it doesn't cause any problems in the game, then I should be able to include it in a future update archive. I should certainly be able to give it a test because my recent play-through of "Hoist the Colours" has resulted in an endgame save with all versions of the ship except the cursed one, and I also have a save shortly before you change into Barbossa and take the cursed Pearl against the Interceptor.

If the revised Black Pearl is complete, and if I can get it, and if it doesn't cause any problems in the game, then I should be able to include it in a future update archive. I should certainly be able to give it a test because my recent play-through of "Hoist the Colours" has resulted in an endgame save with all versions of the ship except the cursed one, and I also have a save shortly before you change into Barbossa and take the cursed Pearl against the Interceptor.
Queen Anne's Revenge:
Problem on the problem... okay... First we will finish with a pearl. This is not the only problem for the Dutchman. But for now, enjoy my revenge. It does not require changes and amendments.
qar.rar — RGhost — файлообменник
Flying Dutchman:
NOTE: This is a completely different model from the one currently in the mod!!!

I think @Layder did not post the final Pearl yet.

Queen Anne's Revenge: there seems to be no difference to the model, only a duller hull texture. CoAS has provision for up to three different textures for any one model - whereas PoTC stores all its ship textures in the base "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships" folder, CoAS has a separate texture folder for each ship model, and in that folder, subfolders "Hull1", "Hull2" and "Hull3". So CoAS should be able to give people the choice of which colour scheme to use. For PoTC, it basically comes down to which of these schemes we want:
Original:
qar_hull_orig.jpg qar_stern_orig.jpg

New:
qar_hull_new.jpg qar_stern_new.jpg

The Flying Dutchman is indeed a completely different model:
dutchman_hull.jpg dutchman_stern.jpg
(Don't worry about the lack of a beak; on this model, it's a separate part.)

Is that supposed to be the cursed or uncursed version? Will it break any story or quest if the cursed and uncursed versions look structurally different?

Queen Anne's Revenge: there seems to be no difference to the model, only a duller hull texture. CoAS has provision for up to three different textures for any one model - whereas PoTC stores all its ship textures in the base "RESOURCE\Textures\Ships" folder, CoAS has a separate texture folder for each ship model, and in that folder, subfolders "Hull1", "Hull2" and "Hull3".
The main purpose of using these new files is that @Layder made some changes to the masts and rigging.

Original:
That one for sure! That's the one @Legendary_Spider made and that's the one we're keeping. :cheeky

Is that supposed to be the cursed or uncursed version?
That is the cursed version. @Legendary_Spider was working on a brand new uncursed texture for her, but that work hasn't been completed yet.

Will it break any story or quest if the cursed and uncursed versions look structurally different?
Nope. I don't think the uncursed model is used in any quests at all.

If there is any way of contacting @Layder via private message or something like that I suggest doing it (Im sorry, but I have not taken time to see how the forum works and if you can do that) he said his work here is over, so I fear he might have forgot to post the re-worked Pearl and Cursed Pearl and that he might not post here anymore. If we want to have his Pearls, of course.

PD: I just saw that he posted something last Sunday in other post, so he is probably not gone, but still, I guess asking would not hurt anybody.

If there is any way of contacting @Layder via private message or something like that I suggest doing it (Im sorry, but I have not taken time to see how the forum works and if you can do that) he said his work here is over, so I fear he might have forgot to post the re-worked Pearl and Cursed Pearl and that he might not post here anymore. If we want to have his Pearls, of course.

PD: I just saw that he posted something last Sunday in other post, so he is probably not gone, but still, I guess asking would not hurt anybody.
He's been around on the forum today; I'm not worried yet.

I think he still wants some small work done on the Pearl's masts, but @Armada didn't have the time to do that as he was working on a rather massive something else at the same time. :wp

Until somebody actually ports at least @Layder's Queen Anne's Revenge to the PotC Build Mod, we won't know how all this works anyway.
I'd like to know, for example, if the main hull GM now "*BEEPS*" when loaded in PotC or not.

But he should have finished working on both the Standard Pearl and cursed Pearl, he already got his mast finished, at least according to these images:
The cursed Pearl already has the top masts elongated:
b5cc1070c603.png

And the standard Pearl it´s top sail reduced:
96655ee868c9.png

What I want to know is, why are there a set of "flag" locators on the new "QueenAnnesRevenge.gm"? Not on the masts, on the hull model - amidships and slightly below centre, so the flag is not going to be visible.

In any case, I can not convert this to PoTC. The problem is "QueenAnnesRevenge_mast3.gm" - TOOL won't read the original and it won't read the new one either. Part of the process of converting a CoAS model to PoTC is changing any "fal" locators to "rope" and renumbering them, which I don't think will be a problem because GM Viewer can read "QueenAnnesRevenge_mast3.gm" and, after ticking "Show labels" and "Show locators", I can't see any "fal" types. But what is on mast 3 is the ship's only visible flag. PoTC requires that wherever there is a set of "flag" locators, there is also a set of "penn" locators, but CoAS doesn't have those, so they need to be added to any ship being imported into PoTC. And I can't do that if I can't read "QueenAnnesRevenge_mast3.gm" in TOOL.

Update: TOOL won't read "flyingdutchman_mast2.gm" or "flyingdutchman_mast3.gm" either. So I can't check those for "flag" and "fal" locators. In fact, I can't even read those two with GM Viewer either.

Last edited:
What I want to know is, why are there a set of "flag" locators on the new "QueenAnnesRevenge.gm"? Not on the masts, on the hull model - amidships and slightly below centre, so the flag is not going to be visible.
Good question. o_O

In any case, I can not convert this to PoTC. The problem is "QueenAnnesRevenge_mast3.gm" - TOOL won't read the original and it won't read the new one either. Part of the process of converting a CoAS model to PoTC is changing any "fal" locators to "rope" and renumbering them, which I don't think will be a problem because GM Viewer can read "QueenAnnesRevenge_mast3.gm" and, after ticking "Show labels" and "Show locators", I can't see any "fal" types. But what is on mast 3 is the ship's only visible flag. PoTC requires that wherever there is a set of "flag" locators, there is also a set of "penn" locators, but CoAS doesn't have those, so they need to be added to any ship being imported into PoTC. And I can't do that if I can't read "QueenAnnesRevenge_mast3.gm" in TOOL.
How about the PotC copies of those files? Can those be read and/or do they have flag/penn locators already?

I can't read the original "QueenAnnesRevenge_mast3.gm" in TOOL, and even if I could, it probably wouldn't help if the purpose of the new model is to improve the rigging. The rope locators from the PoTC "mast3" won't match those from other places in the new model. And of course, there's no point in using the masts from the PoTC Flying Dutchman in the entirely new model. ;) But for the record, yes, TOOL can read both "FlyingDutchman_mast2.gm" and "FlyingDutchman_mast3.gm" from the current PoTC model. None of the mast models seem to have "flag" locators!

I can't read the original "QueenAnnesRevenge_mast3.gm" in TOOL, and even if I could, it probably wouldn't help if the purpose of the new model is to improve the rigging.
True; I was just curious if there was a difference between the copies from either game.

The rope locators from the PoTC "mast3" won't match those from other places in the new model. And of course, there's no point in using the masts from the PoTC Flying Dutchman in the entirely new model. ;)
Right you are. :onya

So long story short, porting any rigging improvements by @Layder to PotC seems to not be feasible then?
Bit of a shame, but so be it... :facepalm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back