• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Corpsemode 3 not working

Petros

Captain of "La Nao"
Storm Modder
Hi
This is for corps mode 3 which is supposed to leave lootable and very solid corpses.

No corpses are produced (enemy just disappear) even though I set them to persist with the ingame "Preferences menu" and with autoloot off.

The problem is probably in PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_events.c in the LAi_Character_Dead_Process function.
Unfortunately I won't have time to look into this for quite a while. :(

Levis, is there any chance you could spare some time to help out one of our respected old-timers get back into the game? :doff

Huh. I have never used that option as I believe it is easy enough to step over a body.

Did you enabled the third option in the ingame menu?
Cause as far as I can see this will set it on corpsemode 2. Still the characters dissapair but I will see what I can do. Just need to know I'm fixing the right thing.

It could indeed be doing that. Back in the early days, Maximus put some number-swapping in place to hide an older, bugged system.

Yeah I noticed .... trying to figure out how it works but getting to late for me. Will take a fresh look tomorrow. It's quite a mess with all kinds of different comments. Lot has happened in it already :p.

The problem do seem to be in
LAi_Character_Dead_Event()
It says it has to dissolve with mode 2.
If you change that the body is still there but you can't loot it and you can go trough. So probally it should generate a corpse, but some variable is making sure you stay out of a if statement. Trying to find now where this happens.

Edit: I did manage to get it not passable, now lets make it lootable

Thanks a lot for looking into this! :bow

As I remember it, the old system was that a character would disappear when dead, but then a NEW corpse character would be generated in that spot.
Keeping the old characters themselves around as being lootable by "talking" to them would prevent the game from noticing they're dead at all.
That causes no end of trouble, especially to any quest case where characters must die for them to continue.

Not able to loot seems to be in here:
"corpse.corpse = true;"
because of this you can't loot it but something else happens.
Probally somwhere in the dialog functions.
Lets dive deeper

Not able to loot seems to be in here:
"corpse.corpse = true;"
because of this you can't loot it but something else happens.
Probally somwhere in the dialog functions.
Lets dive deeper
Or "let's dig deeper". Thank you Levis for looking at this.

"corpse.corpse = true;" is in itemLogic.c file in a section I think related to the haunted abby, "Greenford_M_crypt" That is where corpse are supposed to come back to life.

Got it. The corpse.corpse was also used for ghosts etc and in the dialog.c there was some code to break the dialog when talking to a ghost. The looting of boodies was moved to somewhere else. But there I couldn't add the function to remove the body from the game (Or actually I was to lazy to search where it was hidden). So I changed a little bit in the dialog.c so you could loot in the old way. Which enabled the removal of the boodies.
Please put the dialog.c in \PROGRAM
And the LAi_events.c in \PROGRAM\Loc_ai
This should do the trick.

goto:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/corpsemode-3-not-working.21174/page-2#post-464118

Last edited:
Got it. The corpse.corpse was also used for ghosts etc and in the dialog.c there was some code to break the dialog when talking to a ghost. The looting of boodies was moved to somewhere else. But there I couldn't add the function to remove the body from the game (Or actually I was to lazy to search where it was hidden). So I changed a little bit in the dialog.c so you could loot in the old way. Which enabled the removal of the boodies.
Please put the dialog.c in \PROGRAM
And the LAi_events.c in \PROGRAM\Loc_ai
This should do the trick.

Ooops two LAi_events.c and no dialog.c :wp

OK, I checked the LAi_events in game and it worked for all corps modes, 1, 2, 3, &4.
However in Corps mode 3 once the corps is looted it remains, that is it reappears, only empty. I'm guessing that it is because I don't have the corrected dialog.c file yet.

Last edited:
OK, I checked the LAi_events in game and it worked for all corps modes, 1, 2, 3, &4.
However in Corps mode 3 once the corpse is looted it remains, that is it reappears, only empty. I'm guessing that it is because I don't have the corrected dialog.c file yet.

The new dialog.c file didn't change the above.
With corpse mode 3 the corpse still reappears after looting (empty of course). It should just disappear and not be replaced once looted.:shrug

strange :S it does dissapair for me .... try changing the corpemode to something else and change it back to options 3 please.
You use the interface for this right?
Do you have the most recent version of the build?

You are able to loot the body?
How does the sign looks when you want to loot the body? does it show a blue marker at the left top with a skulls and crossbones or a brown marker?

Last edited:
strange :S it does dissapair for me .... try changing the corpemode to something else and change it back to options 3 please.
Done
You use the interface for this right?
Yes
Do you have the most recent version of the build?
Build 14 Beta 3 Full 8, Oct 2013

You are able to loot the body?
Yes.
How does the sign looks when you want to loot the body? does it show a blue marker at the left top with a skulls and crossbones or a brown marker?
If I try mode 4, a blue marker appears. Mode 4 is normal and loots with "open command icon" key or "Hot action" key.

When I use mode 3 no marker appears, only the log words "Yes2"
I have to use the "T" key to loot standing close to the corpse (with no indicator that it is active).

Last edited:
Strange .... for me a brown marker appears and I can loot the body....
Let me check it some more ....

Ahoy! Tested it! and IT WORKS! :dance :onya --Disabled Auto Loot and enabled Corpse Mode 3
After killing an innocent man:p--loot indicator appeared seadogs2_0000.jpg looted the poor fellow seadogs2_0001.jpg and the body disappeared after that seadogs2_0002.jpg

Back