• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Corpsemode 3 not working

Please try this version.
Now you should be able to loot the corpse.

Also place interface.c into PROGRAM\INTERFACE

it will make sure the body is also disposed of when you use the hotkeys

Last edited:
My guess is after. Before it didnt work for me either. You tried the new files?

AhoyDavyJavk,
Did this work for you without putting in Levis' files or only after adding them in?
I have not tried mode 3 till now..although before beta 3, this didn't work for me when i was testing. I'm always using corpsemode 4 with auto-loot enabled. :p

My guess is after. Before it didnt work for me either. You tried the new files?

OK, this is what I’m getting.
If I keep my sword drawn, I get a blue box with skull. With blue box:
1. if I try to interface "talk" I get "Only Hamlet spoke to the dead …"
2. if instead I press space bar I get "nothing to loot"
3. if I use the T key I get the looting interface, but then the corpse never disappears.

With sword sheathed, I can move around until I again get a blue box with one pirate corpse name.
1.If I continue moving around some more and at different distance from corpse I can get brown box with skull, red bandanna and a different pirate name.
2. Using "T" key will loot corpse but then it will not disappear. Not right.
3. If I use the "spacebar" Success! I can loot this corpse with "spacebar" and corpse disappears as it should!
Note that even after disposing of corpse’ properly… that is:
  1. sword sheathed
  2. only interact when brown box is showing
  3. use spacebar
one can still find the blue box with other pirate name for a short while without any corpse visible.

Last edited:
Did you change any other options or just the corpsemode?

Do you have auto-loot enabled?

Could you upload the .log files?

Did you install ALL the files I posted in the right folders.

I think there is a problem at your side because as far as I know I commented out the "hamlet" code so that shouldn't show whenever. So please check if you put all the files in the right place (I suspect you put the dialog.c in the dialog folder where it shouldn't be).

Edit: I did another search and I found 1 more reference for gamlet. I have no idea why the code should get there, and I build in another failsave. Please try these files:
\PROGRAM\INTERFACE\interface.c
\PROGRAM\DIALOGS\corpse_dialog.c
\PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_events.c
\PROGRAM\dialog.c
\PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\LandInterface.c

Please go here:

http://piratesahoy.net/threads/corpsemode-3-not-working.21174/page-3#post-464450

Last edited:
Ahoy Levis,
Auto loot is off.
Having dialog with "blue box" corpse is now disabled with your last file.:onya

Interaction with "Brown box" corpses works fine. :onya

The problem at this point is having "Blue box" corpses at all. I guess they just shouldn't exist.:(
I'm going to try something, hold on a few hours.

blue box and brown box should have the same effect. but it should also generate a blue box. what I noticed is these often only appear when you are a little bit closer

• Uninstalled game.:walkplank
    • Performed defrag of hard drive. :whipa(cleaned registry while I was at it)
    • Fresh install of stock POTC:pirateraft
    • Fresh install of Build 14 Beta 3 8 Oct:pirates

Set Corpse mode 3 with no auto-loot. Got same problems as before, no corpse.

Installed all 5 files. Problem is basically fixed!:bounce

Both "Brown box" and "Blue box" still occur however.:wp
Interacting with "blue box" frequently required multiple attempts before corpse would dissolve.

Interacting with "Brown box" is best way to loot and eliminate corpse as it worked every time.:yes

Thanks so much for the help Levis!:cheers

I can disable the blue box again, maybe now it will work for you. then it will always work better.
Please try the inlcuded LAi_events.c and see if that works even better :).

Looks good, one only sees the "Brown box" when sword is sheathed, and all interactions produce one time looting and then disolving of corpse. Looks clean and neat.:onya

(We just won't tell anyone that with sword drawn, one can still use "T" key near corpes and get various strange looting effects.)

What kind of weird looting effects are we talking about.
Using T still wont make it dissapair?

No it won't. You can then wait a moment and loot again, only this time no more weapons or items, only a few coins, but you can do it again and again every few seconds.

One last try then ....
Please put this in INTERFACES and test if it does work.
I can't test it atm cause to much is changed in my game atm (buch of errors etc).

No change there.
Oh I failed to mention something I noticed some time back with solid corpse from corpse mode 3.
If you hit a corpse with sword you get a reputation point loss as if you hit someone living who does not have their weapon drawn against you.

hmmm....okay I will look into it a bit more. I know how to fix it.

And about the reputation loss. I wasn't intentional but I have no desire to fix it. If you want to mutilate corpses go ahead but it will cost you reputation :p.

hmmm....okay I will look into it a bit more. I know how to fix it.

And about the reputation loss. I wasn't intentional but I have no desire to fix it. If you want to mutilate corpses go ahead but it will cost you reputation :p.
It happens on stairs sometimes when there is an enemy above you close enough to hit you and be hit but there is also a corpse in between and you swing low.xD

I think I have also managed to land a blow on an emeny (corpse) killed by one of my crew before the enemy/corpse falls to the ground. :dance

okay, this is confusing..there are many files here, don't know which is which now..it work, it don't work..o_O
I've downloaded the 5 files from post #28 and again the ones from post #32 and #36. I don't know which is a good file now..:facepalm:modding

Back