• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Corpsemode 3 not working

I think that reputation loss would be easily solvable, but I can't try for at least another week. I hope that isn't a big issue.

sorry davyjack I will put a updated version here soon again. The 5 files together should still fix it. Altough I'm testing a bit more. Problem is I don't have the same problems as the poster so I need him to test to :p.

I see the problem with rep loss and will try to fix it. Will also see if I can add the removal of the corpse in the item interface itself when closing. then I should ALWAYS trigger.
Might not make it today but tomorrow defently.

I think that reputation loss would be easily solvable, but I can't try for at least another week. I hope that isn't a big issue.

For me no, because the "7" key is my friend. Or I just turn it off in Internalsettings so I can whack away to my hearts content … a way to work out my frustration after searching several hours for Blaze Devlin just to learn here that the quest doesn’t finish, it just hangs.:nogood
I was under the impression that "a short quest followed by open play" meant that the quest was short but could be completed.:guns:

So last night I went off in search :keithof ships to skin … to be continued!:sail

:rofl I'm sorry, but that happens to lots of people. I talk to the harbor master and then go free play from there. :pirateraft

Here we go again.
I think I fixed all the bugs you said now.

files:
PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\LandInterface.c
PROGRAM\dialog.c
PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_events.c
PROGRAM\DIALOGS\corpse_dialog.c

go here: http://piratesahoy.net/threads/corpsemode-3-not-working.21174/page-3#post-464659

These files are no longer needed to be changed. I included a nonchanged version for backup:
PROGRAM\INTERFACE\interface.c

I noticed I had some crashed during boarding but I don't know if this is the case. It does seem to. If someone else also notices crashes during bording (after you looted a corpes) please provide the error.log

Attachments

• interface.c
    63.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Ok, loaded these!
With sword drawn one sees both boxes at different distances. Both Blue and Brown boxes identify the same corpse.

Corpse can be looted with Blue box but does not dissolve until you interact with it again via Brown box.
Interacting with the Brown box from the beginning always works.

One note: if you don’t loot the corpse’ soon, they begin to acquire a long list of names strung together, but the loot is still from only one corpse and all the names and body disappear once looted.
I have only checked these on land encounters, not boardings yet.

I still don't get why it is working differently for you then for me but I will see if I can fix this last problem. I can disable the blue box and will see if I can make the brown box appear blue.

I tried to but not getting it. Also I like the brown one better so probally I will try to change the blue one to brown.
This removes the blue buttons so everything should be fine now
Included are the files :).
PROGRAM\dialog.c
PROGRAM\Loc_ai\LAi_events.c
PROGRAM\DIALOGS\corpse_dialog.c

Attachments

• CORPSEMODE_3_FIX.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
can someone tell if everything works okay now? or if there are any more problems.

can someone tell if everything works okay now? or if there are any more problems.
Corpse Mode 3 with Auto Loot Disabled works just fine too, for me, with the new files from Post #49.
  • No blue box just brown seadogs2_0001.jpg
  • After looting seadogs2_0002.jpg
  • Corpse disappear seadogs2_0003.jpg
  • :duel: :treasure: :thumbs1
EDIT1:
One note: if you don’t loot the corpse’ soon, they begin to acquire a long list of names strung together, but the loot is still from only one corpse and all the names and body disappear once looted.
I have only checked these on land encounters, not boardings yet.
Oh and I don't have this problem btw.

EDIT2:
I used a save here. So tested it during boarding and no loot indicator appears..seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg seadogs2_0003.jpg

EDIT3:
Okay, this time I tried a new game..and still the same problem..the loot indicator does not exist..seadogs2_0000.jpg

Attachments

• Log Files.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Log Files (Edit2).zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Log Files (Edit3).zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Doesn't it work only during boarding or also on land?

Could you test this for me? it has to go in.

I can't test it now. Please also see if it does weird things in the other corpsemodes. It should only change for boarding.

Attachments

• LandInterface.c
    58 KB · Views: 178
Using files from post #49 I got this:

On land:
Sword must be sheathed.
Only brown box appears.
Corpse looted by pressing "Spacebar" or "Enter" keys. After looting, corpse dissolves.
Using "T" key can also loot corpse which must then be interacted with several times to dissolve.

On boarding:
Sword must be sheathed.
No icon , Brown box missing.
However, if one faces corpse and uses "Enter" key to talk, looting can take place and corpse dissolves.
Using "T" key does nothing.
Using "Spacebar" DOES NOT loot corpse but skips to next boarding level.

Sorry, will have to try new "LandInterface.c" file tomorrow.

Corpse Mode 3 with auto loot disabled is all good now! :thumbs1
Land: seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0003.jpg :dance:pflag
Boarding: seadogs2_0005.jpg seadogs2_0006.jpg seadogs2_0007.jpg :dance:pflag

*..i haven't tested it yet if there are any weird effects with the other corpse modes..:p

Attachments

• compile.log
    34.2 KB · Views: 168
  • error.log
    562 bytes · Views: 174
  • system.log
    402.2 KB · Views: 177
Please also see if it does weird things in the other corpsemodes. It should only change for boarding.
I tried Corpse Mode 4 with auto loot disabled and Copse Mode 2 with auto loot enabled and its all good..! :thumbs1

Copse Mode 2: seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg :onya:pflag (log files attached)
Corpse Mode 4: seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg :onya:pflag (log files attached)

Attachments

• Corpse Mode 2.zip
    6 KB · Views: 156
  • Copse Mode 4.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 166
I don't really have the time to read all of the above anymore. Was everything sorted now, or did anything still need my comments or help or anything?

It all seems good to me when I tested it but I don't know if there are any weird stuffs in the log files.

Back