• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Corsair Refit

The idea was that the Corsair Upgrade is a more realistic "Pirate Ship Upgrade" than "Flush Deck" used to be.

Do you have the latest Beta 3.3 WIP yet? The Corsair Upgrade has been in there for quite some time.
Get it through the Upgrades menu at Pirate Shipyards.

I know Pieter. I thought I saw a suggestion a couple of months ago that it be available in all ship yards and I got confused.

No worries; at least we got that cleared up then. :doff
Is there a way to improve relations with pirates without becoming a pirate? I am currently a high ranking British and Dutch officer with letter of Marque from the Dutch. Pirates are the only people I have poor relations with (because they are pirates and everyone hates them) so there is no way for me to get the Corsair refit. I used to be able to have work done by their shipyard and trade with the shop earlier in the game (when I delivered Shildards letter) but now they say they won't trade with someone of my reputation (currently Hero). Any help would be nice as I have an Aurora frigate with every upgrade with a turn rating is 92 (!?) and speed rating of 16. I am trying to figure out which upgrade gives it such high turning as I want to make either my HMS Surprise (Advanced Frigate, given to me by the British upon promotion) or the Mefisto (Heavy Frigate) my new flagship as they are much tougher ships, yet I really like the agility of the Aurora. I'm still trying to figure a lot of this game out since the mod just totally makes it a new game. I played the original back on the Xbox and it just doesn't compare. Thanks for any help in advanced and good luck on Hearts of Oak, I've dabbled in Unity and hope to get my skill to where I can really assist on the project. Cheers!

Complicated answer. Which modpack version do you have?

Beta 3.4:
Pirate shipyard won't talk to you if you have any Letter of Marque, with the idea that they are afraid you turn against them.

Beta 3.5 WIP:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817/
Pirate shipyard also accepts you if you DO have a LoM, but aren't hostile to the pirates yourself.

It is possible to buy friendship with the pirates from, for example, the Tortuga governor.
But in Beta 3.4 that doesn't have any effect on whether they'll talk to you.

Is there a way to improve relations with pirates without becoming a pirate? I am currently a high ranking British and Dutch officer with letter of Marque from the Dutch. Pirates are the only people I have poor relations with (because they are pirates and everyone hates them) so there is no way for me to get the Corsair refit. I used to be able to have work done by their shipyard and trade with the shop earlier in the game (when I delivered Shildards letter) but now they say they won't trade with someone of my reputation (currently Hero). Any help would be nice as I have an Aurora frigate with every upgrade with a turn rating is 92 (!?) and speed rating of 16. I am trying to figure out which upgrade gives it such high turning as I want to make either my HMS Surprise (Advanced Frigate, given to me by the British upon promotion) or the Mefisto (Heavy Frigate) my new flagship as they are much tougher ships, yet I really like the agility of the Aurora. I'm still trying to figure a lot of this game out since the mod just totally makes it a new game. I played the original back on the Xbox and it just doesn't compare. Thanks for any help in advanced and good luck on Hearts of Oak, I've dabbled in Unity and hope to get my skill to where I can really assist on the project. Cheers!
I'm using Build 14 Beta 3.3 from back in January, I didn't realize there had been an updated release, will updating to 3.4 or 3.5 WIP affect my current save? I generally try to stay away from WIPs and Beta builds (Nvidia beta drivers have screwed me over enough) Which would you recommend updating to?

The ModDB Beta 3.4 was accidentally mislabeled as Beta 3.4 . You should at the very least get the ZIP attached here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-4-release.24486/
If I recall, that doesn't harm your savegame. However, it also won't solve your problem.

Beta 3.5 does come recommended as that is our current development version and it is much easier to provide support for that one.
However, that one will definitely require a new game because quite a lot was changed around.
It is also quite playable though.

You can also tweak your own game version to change just this part to Beta 3.5 state.
Open PROGRAM\Characters\CharacterUtilite.c with Notepad, then find:
Code:
if(mNation == PIRATE)
Replace the entire section below so that it looks like this:
Code:
  if(mNation == PIRATE)
   {
     // Pirates don't do business with the navy
     if(!CheckAttribute(char, "professionalnavy"))
     {
       // If you aren't hostile with the pirates, they'll always accept you
       if(rel  >  REL_WAR)                           return true;
       // If you have no loyalties to any one nation, they'll accept you too
       if(!HaveAnyLetterOfMarque())                     return true;
     }
   }
   else
   {
     // If you are Hostile with their nation, but you are a Hero
     if(rel <=  REL_WAR  && rep >= TRADEREP_ALL  )   return true;

// If their nation is less than Hostile to you and you are Matey or better
     if(rel  >  REL_WAR  && rep >= TRADEREP_WAR  )   return true;

// If their nation is better than Wary and you are Neutral or better
     if(rel  >= REL_AFTERATTACK && rep >= TRADEREP_NEUTRAL  )   return true;

// If their nation is better than Neutral, you are Swindler or better and can intimidate them
     if(rel  >= REL_AMNESTY  && rep >= TRADEREP_STRENGTH && strengthcomp)   return true;

// You have a Letter of Marque with the nation and have been promoted at least once
     if(GetRank(GetMainCharacter(), mNation) > 0  )   return true;
   }
(The only changes are in the PIRATE section, but I'm posting all of it to prevent potential confusion. :facepalm )

Got it working! Thanks! I had to enter in manually since copy+paste got the formatting wrong. I'll see about upgrading to 3.4, not sure I am ready to start a new game yet so maybe once 3.5 is fully "released" I update to that and start a new game. Thanks for the quick and helpful responses, glad to see the love for something still creates awesome communities like this and I really can't wait to improve my skills so I can help out with Hearts of Oak.

Got it working! Thanks! I had to enter in manually since copy+paste got the formatting wrong.
The code doesn't care about spaces or tabs so even if it looks weird, it should work.

I'll see about upgrading to 3.4, not sure I am ready to start a new game yet so maybe once 3.5 is fully "released" I update to that and start a new game.
You already have Beta 3.4 . ;)
You should definitely get Beta 3.5 when you are at a point where you're thinking of starting a new game.
More testing and more feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses, glad to see the love for something still creates awesome communities like this and I really can't wait to improve my skills so I can help out with Hearts of Oak.
You can also decide to join Hearts of Oak and learn along the way.
We all started somewhere and when I first started playing around with the PotC code, I didn't know much of anything yet either.
Any and all help would be quite welcome!

The code doesn't care about spaces or tabs so even if it looks weird, it should work.

You already have Beta 3.4 . ;)
You should definitely get Beta 3.5 when you are at a point where you're thinking of starting a new game.
More testing and more feedback would be much appreciated.

You can also decide to join Hearts of Oak and learn along the way.
We all started somewhere and when I first started playing around with the PotC code, I didn't know much of anything yet either.
Any and all help would be quite welcome!
I thought I was running 3.3, at least that is what it said on the main menu of the game. But in regard to the code, I could only get it to work when I typed it in to match how it looked in your post, with just copying and replacing the existing code in that section it wouldn't work. Regardless I got it working which is the important part. Anyway, will definitely move up to 3.5 once I am king of the Caribbean xD. Hmm, Ill take to see about "learning along the way". I've worked very limited in Unity and tried making something for my Senior project. Needless to say just learning the interface and workflow of Unity was hard enough as there don't seem to be many tutorials (at least that I could find) on using Unity itself. Similarly I can't for the life of me make anything in Photoshop yet someone who knows how to use it can do pretty cool stuff in no time at all. So once I get some personal things tied up I'll see about joining the New Horizons development. After my generals I'm getting a BS in Computer Science with a minor in some graphical area I haven't decided yet. So I'd love to apply my skills and help out! :D

EDIT: Yup just checked I was running 3.3. Copied the game directory just to be safe and 3.4 install just finished. Cheers!

EDIT 2: Hmm, just finished installing 3.4 but it still says 3.3 in the game. Is it mislabeled?

I thought I was running 3.3, at least that is what it said on the main menu of the game. But in regard to the code, I could only get it to work when I typed it in to match how it looked in your post, with just copying and replacing the existing code in that section it wouldn't work. Regardless I got it working which is the important part. Anyway, will definitely move up to 3.5 once I am king of the Caribbean xD. Hmm, Ill take to see about "learning along the way". I've worked very limited in Unity and tried making something for my Senior project. Needless to say just learning the interface and workflow of Unity was hard enough as there don't seem to be many tutorials (at least that I could find) on using Unity itself. Similarly I can't for the life of me make anything in Photoshop yet someone who knows how to use it can do pretty cool stuff in no time at all. So once I get some personal things tied up I'll see about joining the New Horizons development. After my generals I'm getting a BS in Computer Science with a minor in some graphical area I haven't decided yet. So I'd love to apply my skills and help out! :D

EDIT: Yup just checked I was running 3.3. Copied the game directory just to be safe and 3.4 install just finished. Cheers!

EDIT 2: Hmm, just finished installing 3.4 but it still says 3.3 in the game. Is it mislabeled?
Its from January 2015

The ModDB version incorrectly States to be Beta 3.3 but it is really Beta 3.4 .
I forgot to update the number before uploading but corrected it with the zip patch.

Back