• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Corvette V.2

Ah, it reverted back when Jack Rackham added his Gold-Bug. I fixed it properly now. :doff

Dunno why I never noticed this before, but the mizzen sail on the fast merchantman has no visible way of controlling it. Would anyone object to me adding some ropes?

If it affects the FastMerchantman, it probably affects the Aurora as well, unless one of them has some mistakes in the rigging.
I'd be happy for you to make changes where needed. :onya

The mast 4 is about done, and I have some ideas for mast 2. Progress so far, before and after. FM-1.jpg FM-2.jpg

Hold on... I think the lines attaching the upper yard to the lateen yard on the mizzen were correct beforehand (going by this image of the wooden Rossiya model).
However, the other lines linking the lateen yard and the mizzenmast should probably meet the mast lower down.

I don't know of any cases where the lines would go between mizzen yards and the mainmast. Maybe Post Captain could help clarify?

Which is why I want to hear Post Captain's advice, because I'm not sure what's right. :shrug

Irrelevant.

What is a rope? What is a line? What is the difference? Many boaters think that these two words are interchangeable--that a rope is a line and a line is a rope. This is not true.
Rope is unemployed cordage. In other words, when it is in a coil and has not been assigned a job, it is just a rope.

On the other hand, when you prepare a rope for a specific task, it becomes employed and is a line. The line is labeled by the job it performs; for example, anchor line, dock line, fender line, etc.

I'll draw a quick running rigging diagram that suits our purposes and make it my next post.

It's generally a bad idea to run braces to the end of a gaff because they have to be adjusted every time you move the gaff.

Last edited:
This was as far as I got stringing ( insert word here ) before I sold it and moved on. This new video card doesn't show ( insert word here ) as well as the old one.
FM-3.jpg

Word 1: tuna
Word 2: fish

That's pretty good. The only thing it still needs to be 100 percent functional is the lines running from the tip of the mizzen gaff to the deck. Everything else is perfectly usable and efficient.

Back