• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crash at Bridgetown

Beneke

Landlubber
So im on the part right after the relic. I go to the beach and sharpe takes me to the lighthouse and tells me it is actually a signal tower. I have to go to Bridgetown @ Brabados. I currently have aplha 14 beta 1 patch 4. I go to the main map, and when i reach barbados and hear "land ho", i press space to go to sea/ Ot says Loading sea, then crashes this has happened 3 times. Is there a reason fpr this? I think its bevause when im on anse casse bois and i go to the rowboat, it has the LOCK symbol. I think this crash is due to me not fully talking to someone, but im not sure. I will try doing this again, but if anyone has bypassed this, please tell me. Thanks..

When you go back to your ship - after Sharpe takes you to Lighthouse - did you talk to Lt Bush on the beach before boarding the Hotspur.

I think the problem with the rowboat being locked is a known bug, but does not break the quest, just have to use the Fast Travel to get onto your ship.

Did you have any random sea battles on the way to Bridgetown - they can cause the quest to crash.

I don't recall any crashes on arriving at Bridgetown - where Jack Hammond should talk to you in the Port.

Do you have any error logs? :?

no error los, but i got past the crash somehow. Apparently its not the mission, its just trying to go to sea in its range. I went around the island, and it worked there. I was able to proceed, following the wuest, until i had to go back. then it crashed again. I dont really know the problem, i thought it was quest related but its not. im trying different solutions, and if any of them work ill post it. A "possible" solution is going around the island, butim not 100% sure

As a possible workround -- try landing at a beach ( or Speightstown ) and going over land to Bridgetown port .

The person who talks to you in Bridgtown Port should still work when you get there.

:drunk

Well I think that it was just temporary, because it isnt happening anymore. :eek:k
But the problem wasnt landing at bridgetown, it was going into the actual island from map mode. Like when you press space and you go to sea, and from there you fast travel. I coulnt get into the sea. But it isnt happening anymore.... well thanks for trying to help me out, I really appreciate it. :cheeky

Back