• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Crash during boarding

Pan Imperator

Landlubber
Hello

As it it is my firts post here I would like to thank You all for awesome work You've done, it's really impressive what You guys done with this simple game.

Now to the bug. It occurs during boarding. Sometimes its when going from one deck to another, sometimes when looting (corpses or chests), sometimes when I'm about to get the ship from captn. This time it was when going from main deck to gun deck. It started to crash when I got my current ship.
Build Version: Saturday 2 April 2016
Build 14 Beta 4 WIP

Attachments

• compile.log
    163.1 KB · Views: 170
  • engine.ini
    35.2 KB · Views: 192
  • error.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 173
  • system.log
    18.9 KB · Views: 176
  • -=Thomas Taszkun=- QuickSave.rar
    663.8 KB · Views: 165
And again, now right after I decided to take captn as my officer

Attachments

• compile.log
    35.8 KB · Views: 195
  • error.log
    340 bytes · Views: 145
  • system.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 188
That bug seems to have been fixed in a later version of the game. Get Beta 4.1 here:
Mod Release - Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP [Last Update: 23 sept] | PiratesAhoy!
Start by getting the "Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP Part 1: Installation Wizard" and "Build 14 Beta 4.0 Part 2: Contents Archive file" from there. (You may still have "Part 2: Contents Archive file" as it's the same one you'll have used to install your "Saturday 2 April 2016" version.)

When you have installed Beta 4.1, you have two choices. You can get the experimental updates, starting with the 23rd September ZIP file from the same post as above, followed by "Levis-Fixes_7-10b.zip" from here:
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [October 7th (v2)] | PiratesAhoy!

Or you can get a more limited set of fixes and upgrades from here:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_jul28_fixes.zip

The crash while boarding is linked to looting chests and corpses. If you leave them alone, you probably won't get any crashes. Of course, that's not much of a life for a pirate, and anyway Beta 4.1 fixes more bugs than just that one, so unless you're really attached to your savegame, Beta 4.1 is highly recommended. Also, it's possible to have multiple installations of PoTC if you have enough disk space, so you could install the game from CD to another folder, install Beta 4.1 onto that, start a new game, and also play your Beta 4 game to conclusion while tolerating the occasional boarding crash.

Oh boy...that's a tough choice. I really like the progress I made by those few days. But I'm wasting a whole lot of time for crashes, and get upset when successful boarding of a nice ship is a mirage...So I will start right over, and treat current game as a nice tutorial (It's really complex now, even if you're familiar with PotC).
Thanks a lot for your help.

I think technically that CTD fix is only limited to one file: itemsbox.c
You could try to copy that from the latest modpack version into your current version.
No guarantees though.

Wow I see @Grey Roger is now a staff member :woot Nice! :onya I'm sorry to bug you guys out in this thread it's just been a long time and I miss the forum! :pirate07::guns::ahoy

Oh and I lost my Captain Sparrow and Hector picture!:(

Back