• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crash in certain menus

Countyboar

Landlubber
I just installed the mod, and it runs fine in terms of the game itself so far, although I've only payed about an hour. However, since the beginning the game has stopped working if I go into the options menu (both from in game and from the main menu) and try to go back through the options menu until I go back to either the main menu or the ingame f1 menu (i.e. if I hover over "options" in either menu, click once on it to go into options, then hit escape, the game will crash). Similarly, the game recently decided it would crash whenever I hit f1. I was able to use f1 freely for a while before then, and a reinstallation of both the stock game and build 14 beta 3.4 did nothing to fix either issue. Nothing notable preceded the f1 issue, although the saves I made before the f1 issue emerged all crashed when hitting f1, as did new games on a fresh installation. No error logs were generated. The install location is C:\games\Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm running on window 8.1 with an intel graphics card, with the fix installed. Please let me know if you need any more info!

Attachments

• compile.log
    1.6 KB · Views: 62
  • system.log
    528 bytes · Views: 69
One thing you can try is to remove the file named "options" from your main game folder.
If that doesn't help, remove everything in the SAVE folder and see if that makes any difference.
Sometimes files can get corrupted for mysterious reasons.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately neither of those things helped, both issues are ongoing. Is it remotely possible it's one of those windows security issues?

If POTC is installed in program files or the desktop it will have a LOT of trouble running at all much less well. If that is where it is, then move your POTC folder someplace else like C:pOTC.

Have you tried updating your graphic card driver already?

Back