• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Crash on Starting Scenario

Darkhawk764

Landlubber
I'm having an issue where the game crashes upon startup of a scenario; so far I've tried the Nathaniel Hawk and Devlin Opera, both without customization, and the game will transition to the loading screen, load for about 30 seconds-minute, and then the game will crash. I can't attach a save game because I'm not able to create one. I'm using Windows 8, with the latest build on Moddb (Build 14, I believe?)

My specs are:

Windows 8
i7-4970k 4.0 GHz
16 GGB DDR3 RAM
EVGA Superclocked ACX 2.0 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
2TB HDD

I'm having an issue where the game crashes upon startup of a scenario; so far I've tried the Nathaniel Hawk and Devlin Opera, both without customization, and the game will transition to the loading screen, load for about 30 seconds-minute, and then the game will crash. I can't attach a save game because I'm not able to create one. I'm using Windows 8, with the latest build on Moddb (Build 14, I believe?)

My specs are:

Windows 8
i7-4970k 4.0 GHz
16 GGB DDR3 RAM
EVGA Superclocked ACX 2.0 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
2TB HDD
Can you post the .log files from your main game folder? That should give us some more details to work from.

There should be 2-3 files with a .log extension in your main game folder.
System.log, compile.log and sometimes also error.log .

I didn't see an error.log, but those are the two files you asked for. I hope you can help, I really want to play the mod.

Attachments

• log files.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 62
So I just managed to see this, and it got me thinking, how could it be booting from an Intel graphics card rather than my (rather expensive) GTX 970? Then I took a look at my computer. It turns out that, when I unplugged it to show my computer to a techie friend, that when I re-plugged it in, rather than plug the HDMI cable (my video cable) into the video card like I was supposed to, I instead plugged it in directly to the motherboard. I'm getting ready to test, then I'll comment whether or not it worked. Wish me luck!

Just booted up the Nathaniel Hawk scenario, and it came up just fine. I didn't have to reinstall the mod, though I will now with the visual upgrade attachments. Thanks for your help, Pieter, I really appreciate it, and sorry I wasted your time with my silly not-paying-attention-to-cables!

Wrongly connected cables? That's a new one!
Anyway, "Solved" it is. :doff

Back