• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crash

PepperBullet

Landlubber
When i play this storyline and i reacht the part where you need to sail to Jamaica after the duel with clayton. When i'm at Jamaica and want to land in the port the game crashes.

Can you please enable error logging? Find how to do that here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/

Did you run the Rename.bat file in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder when you installed the game.

If you have not the game will crash at this point in the Hornblower story. :yes

:cheers

sorry talisman, but are you sure its called rename.bat? i tried looking for, plus i did a search, but i didnt find it im using 14 alpha i had the same problem as him, but i cant find the file any ideas?

Rename.bat is in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder ( same folder as engine.exe )

You only need to run it if you are playing Build 14 Beta 1 ( it is only there in Beta 1 as the problems it fixes are only in Beta 1 ) :yes

If you are using Beta 1 and it is not there - then you probably ran it when you installed.

In Beta 1 one of the problems is fixes is that in Resource / models /ships - the files in the HMS Indefatigable folder are named HMS Endeavour in error - this causes the game to crash when you arrive at Kingston in the Hornblower story for the 1st time.

You can check the HMS Indefatigable folder and see if the files have the correct name ( same name as folder ).

If the files are the wrong name then you could rename them manually.

see this thread for the details of this. --- > http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15398-hornblower-problem-build-14-beta-1/page__view__findpost__p__357676

If you are playing Build 14 Alpha then I am not sure what is causing your crash. :mm

Do you have any error logs. :?

Don't play the Alpha; Beta 1 Patch 4 is the best we've got so far.

ohh.. i see apparently, i have beta 1 no patch :facepalm
So, if i install the newest patch, will i have to start a new game like in COAS, or can i keep going?
I went on ModDB, but i wasnt sure which one was the latest one...

ohh.. i see apparently, i have beta 1 no patch :facepalm
So, if i install the newest patch, will i have to start a new game like in COAS, or can i keep going?
I went on ModDB, but i wasnt sure which one was the latest one...

If you install the patch then you will have to start a new game. :yes

If you don't want to start a new game you should rename the files in the HMS Indefatigable folder manually in order to fix the crash

In Beta 1 one of the problems it fixes is that in Resource / models /ships - the files in the HMS Indefatigable folder are named HMS Endeavour in error - this causes the game to crash when you arrive at Kingston in the Hornblower story for the 1st time.

You can check the HMS Indefatigable folder and see if the files have the correct name ( same name as folder ).

:drunk

thanks, i guess ill just start a new game. Thanks for the help man i mean "not telling". xD:

Back