• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Low Priority CTD After Captain Transfer in Port

Wolve

Sailor
Ok I got it again! This time with a save on shore.
What I did:
- Recruite captain and checked his occupation (comrade-at-arms again).
- Assigned him to his own ship again
- sailed to port

Now as soon as I switch him with another officer (by using the ship transfer option in F2) and exit the F2 menu, the game dies.
Can you try this?

Also during 15 or so recruitements I never got a First Mate, Carpenter or Master-at-Arms (might be bad luck)

Attachments

• Comrade_officer.rar
    744 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
So just ashore, swap out the officers you already have? And the moment you do it, the game crashes?

Which two officers are you swapping?

I won't try this today. Pretty tired by now; it's been a long one again.... :nerbz

Yes. I just changed the invalid officer (Capt of the class 6 ship) with the carpenter (so assigned him as captain) in my party (1st officer in the list).

Now as soon as I switch him with another officer (by using the ship transfer option in F2) and exit the F2 menu, the game dies.
Can you try this?
For me, the game does not crash when doing that. But it does cause PLENTY error logs for some reason...

EDIT: If I do that while in TOWN, instead of in port, then it seems to work fine.

Last edited:
It is quite obvious that this is indeed an issue and at least 1-2 people have already tried to fix it in the past.

Not sure why this issue gets triggered in the first place, but the simple work-around is:
Don't mess around with ship swapping when you're in port or in a beach location.
3D Sailing Mode is fine and further inland is as well.

Hmm ok. It only gives me problems if the officer has a faulty role though, not when he has a correct one. I'll just try to avoid it then by assigning a specific role to them right away:)

I managed to trigger the error logs on every Captain replacement in Port; also the ones on your other ships.
Did not have any problems at all doing the same thing while in town.

Hmm ok. Can't recall I had it with other captains (at least no crash, so maybe I just missed it). But it's good to know it works in other parts :)

Can you confirm no problem when you try it in town?

While I did notice weird stuff, but never a CTD.

The actual problem reported here is something that I cannot confirm.
The problem that I DID manage to trigger has a simple workaround.
Therefore I will not be doing anything about this for the foreseeable future.

Back