• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug CTD during naval combat

Schalkepirat

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Build Version: Friday 6 December 2013
Build 14 Beta 3.1 Full
ENB I've uninstalled

CTD during naval combat
Fighting about 4-5 pirate ships

Attachments

• error.log
    692 bytes · Views: 180
  • compile.log
    26.3 KB · Views: 164
  • system.log
    16.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Wow, a 5 ship Pirate Fleet? That's a first. That's a rare pirate fleet. The flagship captain must be good. :D
I wonder if there are large pirate fleets back in the day. In the movies, I hardly ever saw a 2 ship pirate fleet.
Just one ship for one captain, no companions. :diomed

This is not a bug. It seems your game is crashing an awful lot, but I do not know why. Do you defrag often? I have to defrag every 3 days.

Checking those logs, nothing immediately shows up as wrong, to me. Those Seadogs.c errors are probably common and aren't causing the crash, but I could be wrong.

Wow, a 5 ship Pirate Fleet? That's a first. That's a rare pirate fleet. The flagship captain must be good. :D
I wonder if there are large pirate fleets back in the day. In the movies, I hardly ever saw a 2 ship pirate fleet.
Just one ship for one captain, no companions. :diomed
Modernknight1 wrote an excellent article that partly covers pirate fleets, so I'd recommend reading that here.

This is not a bug. It seems your game is crashing an awful lot, but I do not know why. Do you defrag often? I have to defrag every 3 days.

I defragment, 2 times a day automatically.
I have heard that in the German forum and think it is a bit of nonsense

CTD during the battle against french on the deck

Attachments

• compile.log
    48.8 KB · Views: 175
  • error.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 181
  • system.log
    14.4 KB · Views: 178
Just got back from traveling and am a little rusty.

Didn't see anything new in compile.log, the error.log has some seadogs stuff which is a base game file, and the system.log mentions a fader which is usually related to the video card. Could the fans in the video card be full of dirt and causing it to overheat?
I ran into this the other day day while visiting. When I hit it with compressed air it created a large dust cloud, and ran cooler later on.

Back