• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug CTD: Grand Entrance

CeDxLatino

Powder Monkey
Hi,

I'm getting a CTD when getting the cutscene from the first movie, where Jack Sparrow sails to Port Royale with Annamaria's boat. I can watch the whole cutscene but I then get a CTD. Could you please help me with that

Thank you for your attention.

Hello,

Thank you for answering. I tried hitting F12 when skipping the cutscene, I still got a CTD. Here I have the error logfiles so it can help you to understand what's the issue that my game's encountering.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• compile.log
    6.4 KB · Views: 115
  • system.log
    2.7 KB · Views: 140
  • error.log
    2.7 KB · Views: 127
"stack overflow" Loads of errors in the error log.

How much memory does your computer have, and what is its operating system?

You need more ram. I am on win7 64bit and right now sitting here doing nothing it is using 3.5gb of ram. When gaming more ram is needed and you are running out and crashing.

Are you using integrated graphics? That uses system ram also. If you can not add ram then all you can do is turn down the graphic quality settings.

What you can try:
Open PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h and set ENABLE_CHEATMODE to 1 at the bottom of that file.
Start a new game on Hoist the Colours and talk to "Random Drunk" in the opening Tortuga tavern scene.
He will allow you to skip straight to the Grand Entrance scene. See if that does work or if that also still CTDs.

I tried to lower the graphic quality settings, but it's all blurry and ugly. It's unplayable. I don't use Intel Integrated graphics, by the way.

And Pieter, this is just what I'm doing to start playing from the Grand Entrance scene.

sir_Grbac: Are you using XP? XP does not use much ram at all, and most of the time it can get by with 1 gb. CeDxLatino is using Win 8.1 and methinks that is a 64 bit system. 4 GB is the minimum needed to run that system well for everyday use.

If that computer also has integrated graphics, be it Intel, Nvidia, or AMD, that also uses system ram. It could use .5-1GB by itself. When gaming it can all add up fast and 8GB is the recommended amount of ram to have.

:facepalm CeDxLatino is your rig a laptop with Nvidia or AMD graphics? If so there are settings in the control panel to disable the Intel graphics part so that when gaming you use only the good graphics.
Here is a link to more info about that.
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/fix-for-intel-graphics-card-problems-laptop-nvidia-users.19956/

:oops: Sowweee....

Ok, so what is causing those stack overflow errors? Well, when all else fails do a search! :shock

It appears that you have windows registry problems. Try this to fix it.
How to Fix Stack Overflow

Do you defrag often? I use the free IOBit Advanced System care 7 to keep my rig running good.

And Pieter, this is just what I'm doing to start playing from the Grand Entrance scene.
And then it still doesn't work? DRAT!

Could anyone try to do the same thing? Perhaps something happened in the latest update to bug it?
I don't have any time myself though. :(

sir_Grbac: Are you using XP?

Had XP, but since new year, I gave Win7 a try and still using it.
Idk what version of Nvidia I have, but I've been told, that my pc was "The best office pc of the year 2000"
and noone touched the insides (besides me cleaning the dust) for 14 years.

And I'd like to drop this, due to the topic being "CTD Grand Entrance" and not "sir_Grbac's pc".

:oops: Sowweee....

Ok, so what is causing those stack overflow errors? Well, when all else fails do a search! :shock

It appears that you have windows registry problems. Try this to fix it.
How to Fix Stack Overflow

Do you defrag often? I use the free IOBit Advanced System care 7 to keep my rig running good.
Yo, used Advanced Systemcare 7 and I thank you for that, it's awesome and my computer is now faster than ever.

However, it didn't solve my Grand Entrance issue. :facepalm

Still get a CTD after the cutscene.

I just started this storyline. Where is this cutscene at in the story? I can't recall Davey Jack or anyone else mentioning a problem with this story line.

Back